Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • NO PUDDING – where did this come from?
  • Kahurangi

I must have missed something as it’s being trotted out a lot.

What’s the origin of this “no pudding” meme? Is it just a STW joke?

bruneep

Kahurangi

U wot? This has been going on for a year and I’ve only just really noticed?

I’m not sure if I should be spending more or less time on here now… 👿

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d be wearing my lack of knowledge as to its origin as a badge of pride. 🙂

jekkyl

tbf to Kryten he shook off the jibes from people taking the P quite well. If it were me I would have hidden away and not posted for a while.

maccruiskeen

I thought it was on of the central tenets of the iDave diet –

Rule 1- Everybody talk about iDiet
    Rule 2 – Everbody talk about iDiet (even if you’re not on it)
    Rule 3 – No Pudding (unless its pudding made of chickpeas or omelette)
    Rule 4 -Goto Rule 1
    Run

scotroutes

jekkyl – Member
    tbf to Kryten he shook off the jibes from people taking the P quite well. If it were me I would have hidden away and not posted for a while.

There was a subsequent thread in which he complained about the no-pudding meme.

wwaswas

It’s all meme meme meme with him 😉

jimdubleyou

I assume pudding was withheld?

bikebouy
    Free Member

There was indeed another thread, I think he took um-bridge in that one but stepped away holding his head high.

These days he takes it all on the chin, good lad.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, this ^

Kahurangi

Apologies to Kryton for bringing it back up again (the topic, not my pudding that is)!

I think we all understand that if you undergo crowd-sourced mandatory urine extraction on STW you have to either join in or flounce.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

“No pudding for you” has long been an alternative to “school boy error” in my house. I just assumed it was a common childhood theme and that deprivation of pudding was a common punishment as in “how can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat?!”

Never realised it was an stw thing. Though I do have a log burner, home brew, espresso machine & stove top , expensive knives, and an orange five. (no white Audi/Octavia or expensive shaving product though.) so maybe my perspective on what is and isn’t STW isn’t to be trusted.

igm

I trace it back to Pink Floyd (The Wall?) – “how can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat”

Scamper
    Free Member

What I remember rom the original thread, was the number of Victorian Dads on STW 😀

Esme
    Free Member

The waitress in Grindleford Station Cafe is an expert on the “No Pudding Rules”.

At half-term, I overheard her explaining to a little lad that he needed to eat fish fingers or a bacon butty before pudding. “Sorry, but we are not allowed to just sell pudding. It’s against the law”. 😀

Was she a mountain biker in disguise, I wondered?

Cougar

It’s all meme meme meme with him

Very good (-:

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘NO PUDDING – where did this come from?’ is closed to new replies.