Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No pop, will I burp?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

JUst tubelessified my old rims, mavic EN 321’s of uncertain vintage (c.2008-9?) got them up and holding air but no pop as the bead snapped into the rim? are these about to burp the jizz at the first hint of a corner or is it all happy happy joy joy? Got em both up to about 60psi so don’t really want to go much further than that.

Working from home’s good innit?

amedias
    Free Member

Is the bead actually seated? can you see the line/join evenly all the way around on both sides?

They don’t always ‘pop’ audibly but you need to make sure it is properly seated all the way on both sides, other wise you’ll be in for at least a wobbly tyre, if not a big burpgasm and jizzy death 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well, it looks OK, have to test ride i guess, if you hear a bang, it’s me getting the full load.

kerley
    Free Member

When I used non tubeless specific rims I didn’t get a pop as they just went into place. Since move to Stan’s rim I get massive pops combined with a really strong seating on the rim (i.e. need to push it off the rim when deflating tyre)

mjsmke

My old 717’s didn’t pop and stay up fine. Run them at about 20psi and no burping yet but it’s ridden by my other half not too aggressively.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I used to run some EN321s ghetto with inner tube and then switched to gorilla tape and they were both fine as long as I didn’t go below 30psi but back then I was 18 stone plus!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

well a quick razz round the block says alls good, they’re up around 35 though, see how we get on.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d hazzard a guess that non-tubeless rims wont go pop, because they dont lock the bead in place.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well, yeah, but with tubes you got a noise as everything settles down and I’ve certainly heard it ping to place.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No pop, will I burp?’ is closed to new replies.