Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • No poll tax February.
  • sbob
    Free Member

Good enough explanation?

Better than necessary, I would have just called him a **** and told him to **** off, if I was you.

But I’m not, I’m me, so settled with just making him look a bit thick as I’m sure you can fight your own battles. 😆

scotroutes

FWIW, I thought he was just expressing a bit of “awe” rather than doubting anyones honesty or integrity. But then I usually try to see the best in what folk have written rather than expect the worst.

somafunk

Sbob, Nah it’s cool, Gary m didn’t mean it with that sort of taint to the question as he’s not a snidey forum poster, I’ve never explained it before so I guess some folk may read my replies to posts and think wtf is he on?.

Ps – I don’t have kids, nor a gf which prob explains it more than what I wrote above anyway – that’s two of the most expensive drains on financial resources removed from the equation right away 😀

Edit : Pik n Mix – haha, nope… Prob the main reason why I did not receive a lengthy jail sentence, I had irrefutable evidence (and all my very detailed journals) to back up the fact that 50% was donated foc to those with a genuine medical need, that one was a good jury winning move.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

You’re right there somafunk, my post was in amazement at how you manage on a small income. It certainly wasn’t a dig at all and I’m glad you had the intelligence to take the comment as intended.

Unlike this bitter and angry chap.

Better than necessary, I would have just called him a **** and told him to **** off, if I was you.
    But I’m not, I’m me, so settled with just making him look a bit thick as I’m sure you can fight your own battle

TheFlyingOx

Back on topic…

No poll tax in Feb & March just covers flights, transfers and cheapy hotel in Morzine for 5 days, so I’m off ‘boarding with the lads from work. Still need to pay for my own beer though 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was at the London Poll tax march, anyone else?

Being a good boy I didn’t get involved in any fisticuffs.

And good to see Somafunk’s hobby spend explained, I am jealous, but I earn his wage net and have a mortgage 10 x my gross salary! (And lodgers)

MrSmith
    Free Member

A few bottles of Le Salette Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2011

pictonroad

I always use it to catch up with the lies I’ve been telling the gas and leccy meter app…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I was on the poll tax march, listened to the speakers at trafalgar Sq for a it – got bored with it and headed off, as we were leving we saw police vans with fully tooled up riot police rushing out……. I remember wondering why at the time, as I hadn’t seen any trouble at all.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

£195 a month for us in our pockets. So VED for our focus at £290 next month , so that’s in theory £95 in credit, but its house insurance renewal, which is £40 ish/ month. And I am sure the latest wife will find a way to burn the rest as a wine fund……… So, nothing to show as usual.

jam-bo

It’s ok. Managed to rack up three parking tickets in the last two weeks so local council are still getting their money from me…

milky1980
    Free Member

Will have a grand total of £154 to splurge on something from the next two ‘free’ months 😀

A new F/F lid and a service for the rear shock is planned. Might have £3 left to have a blow-out with an Asda’s pizza and a can of Pepsi :mrgreen:

sbob
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

Unlike this bitter and angry chap.

The one who was laughing?
    😆

I’ll give you your first lesson free, just to show there is no malice.
    😀

Peace out.

zippykona

Don’t forget , spend your poll tax on bike goodies!

scaled
    Free Member

It just takes the edge off the £1200 car insurance bill in January!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Car insurance will be covered, again. Woo. Hoo.

maccruiskeen

I do the same as Soma and pay it in a oner – being self employed and having no regular monthly income makes you allergic to any kind of monthly outgoing.

However back in my salaried days I used to be paid every 4 weeks, not every calendar month – so in effect paid 13 times a year. It meant once a year I got a pay packet with no monthly bills to take off it. That bill-free pay-packet landed in June for me so instead of council tax, rent and gas / electric I’d go to the art school degree shows and spend it on art.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll be buying another one of these..

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

What the hell is poll tax!

breadcrumb

Not got any special plans for the “free” months money. We’ve got plenty to be doing round the house so it’ll soon vanish.

cozz
    Free Member

we can pay ours over 10 months or 12 months, so do it over 12

footflaps

What the hell is poll tax!

it’s a special tax which pays for all those polls every time an election comes round….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sheesh, I only posted up there for VED on the focus 6 posts ago, 11 months has past. Bloody things due again next month……. but just sent £115 to Poland for a DT Swiss rear hub this month, as don’t want any of that shoddy Hope stuff on my bike…….

P-Jay
    Free Member

Deposit for Centre Parcs (one of the French ones) for the Kids the Wife and I.

Les Arcs with my mates bought and paid for 🙂

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

£256 @ month £512 quid rich beyond my wildest dreams – but the washing machines knackred ho hum

BillMC

It nearly covered the cost of my natty new wellies.

VanHalen

depressingly mine goes into the communual account so its going on blinds.

what i really need is some new forks and a jolly somewhere steep and rocky

MoreCashThanDash

Had to replace the washing machine 2 weeks ago

Got to replace the fridge this week.

👿

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A couple of nights @ Peebles Hydro at easter with my 2 ladies. First time in 16 years the two of us have had ‘normal’ enough jobs to have easter weekend off together. 😀

iainc

^^^^ and a few sneaky rides round GT as well I bet 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nadda, pay a fixed amount in a joint account each month, so that’ll just look a few £££ healthier.

Having the wooden floor sanded and varnished* though which will dwarf the “free” council tax.

*it’s a nice floor, but how is it more expensive to maintain it than to have it ripped out and laminate put down?

the-muffin-man

BONUS – I’d clean forgot about this!

ourmaninthenorth

Would go towards one of the credit card bills Mrs North has run up for me, but I suspect she’ll have accidentally spent out of the joint account again leaving it overdrawn (again).

I think women must eat money….

pictonroad

I always use it to catch up with the lies I’ve been telling the gas and leccy meter app…

This. ^

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘No poll tax February.’ is closed to new replies.