Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • No-one doing "24 Hours Later" this year?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

I was talking to Gary Tompsett about it a while ago, but my legs just aren’t up to it this year.

I know John Houlihan is in, and think Keith Forsyth, Angus Hamilton, John Laughlin and Gary Vallance were up for it too.

Looked fun. Weather is good too.

boxelder

I was supposed to be, but couldn’t get away and wouldn’t realistically have got past Fort Will. When first launched, he didn’t let on how far it would be……….

codybrennan
    Free Member

Fort Will would have been an incredible stretch for me boxelder, so I’m envious 🙂

Gary borrowed a spare tyre off me the other night for this, and we were chatting about it in general- and he had that mad look in his eye that he gets, and I see he’s sent me a SPOT tracker link this morning:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0mzVTMQjFz4hb8igdgvOE7DJEDsJVgtjy

…..which is curiously titled “WHWGGW” and not “24 Hours Later”. I might try and ring him later today and see what fresh madness this is. Over beer a while back he’d talked a while ago about doing the WHW and GGW though, wonder if he’s scouting it out while doing this today? Wouldn’t put it past him.

I’m away to try Whitelee’s pump-track (which doesn’t exist, of course….)

boxelder

24 hrs later IS WHW + GGW.
    They’re aiming to get from Milngavie to Inverness via Fort William in 24 hrs.
    It’ll be the ‘go to’ 24 hr challenge and this is the inaugural run.
    The man has infectious enthusiasm, but I bottled, having to be back teaching kids 48 hrs after setting off unsupported from Milngavie. Next year……….

codybrennan
    Free Member

Sorry, I was half asleep when I posted earlier BE. Had coffee now.

What I meant to say was that he was talking about going beyond 24HL, and seems to have kicked off the tracker early.

I might be reading too much into it, but it was that and the fact that he hasn’t name the link “24 Hours Later”.

boxelder

Through Kinlochleven and heading over to Fort William – just over 12 hours

codybrennan
    Free Member

Yeah, I see that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘No-one doing "24 Hours Later" this year?’ is closed to new replies.