• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • No One Buys Music
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

Great first line
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGIgvLUNkWk[/video]

Alas, it’s pretty much true.

kayak23

Well, not that music that’s for sure 😉

igm

Reminded me of “not the 9 o’clock news” doing “nice video, shame about the song”

senorj

Makes Sleeper sound like the Velvet Underground. 😐

beej

Completely untrue though.

“UK consumers purchased £514.5m of physical music in 2015”

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/physical-music-dominates-uk-market-and-its-stubbornly-refusing-to-die/

13thfloormonk

Artists could make it easier for themselves, wanted to buy something from the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and the only way I could would be to download and install i-tunes first then buy from Apple, which frankly was enough to put me off.

Is it so hard for a band to sell music from their own website?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Is it so hard for a band to sell music from their own website?

Yes it is if they have signed an exlcusive contract

Streaming services pay a pittance, disgraceful really

BoardinBob

Streaming services pay a pittance, disgraceful really

They charge a pittance too. £10 a month for everything on Spotify is insanely cheap.

It’s a fine balance. When folk were torrenting the artists got zero.

Make streaming too expensive and it’ll drive everyone back to torrenting. At least the artists get something, albeit a pittance

johnners
    Free Member

I bought a CD a few weeks ago because it was half the price of the download. Now I’ve ripped it and have a nice coaster.

DezB
    Free Member

People still buy music. Not some disgruntled unoriginal crap whinging about how hard it is to be a musician though.
    Christ that’s rubbish

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Blows my mind people use “blows my mind” as a lyric at this time,
    Those musicians arent good enough to be fine,
    Making that rubbish should be a crime,
    Bad rhyme after bad rhyme after bad rhyme

MSP

You know when they have the regional rounds on xfactor on ice, and some talentless **** wit who has been told they are great by their inbred family, can’t accept that their impression of a cat dragging it’s claws down a blackboard isn’t the greatest thing since a junky laid a turd in the bed.

That’s your mum.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Why’s it a great first line?

steveoath
    Free Member

And OP that song is horrific. Whiny entitlement bullshot.

DezB
    Free Member

I do admire 6079smithw’s persistence

alanl
    Free Member

Yes, buying CD’s from Artists could be made easier.
    I tried to buy Lonelady’s CD, from their website. But you had to register with them, give all your details etc, something which I did not want to do, so I emailed them, told them I didnt want to register, and how could I buy their CD. I got the answer back ‘you have to register to buy’.
    I got a 2nd hand one off ebay then.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, typing your own name is such an effort. Was so much easier back in the day, when you had to drive to a record shop, look through the racks, find the one you want, or ask at the counter to order it, pay cash, go home and play it. I wonder why it got so difficult..

piemonster

That songs as shite as the new Independence Day film

(In)sincere apologies to the artist musicians people in the video if they ever read this

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That tune probably sums me up! I don’t think I’ve bought a CD for about 10 years. I’ve never bought any downloadable music in my life. I listen to music for the majority of my waking day. I pay no attention to any music media/websites. I just listen to wherever Soundcloud/Youtube take me. With an Ad block installed it’s perfect. I imagine that’s how most people listen to music, along with Spotify which I’ve never got round to bothering with.

Northwind

johnners – Member

I bought a CD a few weeks ago because it was half the price of the download

Yep, me too. It is very weird.

iolo
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDl2gsIL7Ak[/video]

Here’s another jem form the same band.
    Its a parody band isn’t it? If not, they are bloody awful.

CountZero

Yes, buying CD’s from Artists could be made easier.
    I tried to buy Lonelady’s CD, from their website. But you had to register with them, give all your details etc, something which I did not want to do, so I emailed them, told them I didnt want to register, and how could I buy their CD. I got the answer back ‘you have to register to buy’.
    I got a 2nd hand one off ebay then.

How do you expect them to know who to charge and then send it to? Why on earth do you have such an issue with registering on a band’s website?
    Most of my friends buy CD’s, most don’t download anything at all. I do, but then I still buy quite a few CD’s as well, most recently the latest by Leonard Cohen, Pixies, Agnes Obel, several classical albums by the cellist Caroline Dale, a couple of Heidi Talbot’s latest albums and a little box set of Linda Ronstadt’s first five albums.
    Oh, and the second EP from Bryde, the solo project by Sarah Howells, one half of Paper Aeroplanes, which I bought at her Bristol gig and she sent me as soon as she had them from the pressing plant.
    There might have been some downloads for that instant gratification thing as well.
    From iTunes, naturally.
    Just spent thirty seconds listening to that vid up there ^^…
    It’s very…
    Ordinary. Maybe even average. That could be from any one of a thousand identical bands plugging away, and doing nothing original at all.

jclowes
    Free Member

About a minute into that video she turns on the spot as if looking for something, only to end up facing a wall. Lolz

Northwind

How do you know she wasn’t looking for a wall?

jclowes
    Free Member

True, true, she could’ve been

DezB
    Free Member

At 1:24 you can see a close-up of it and it’s a wall built from unsold Zen Juddhism CDs.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘No One Buys Music’ is closed to new replies.