Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • No New Saint for me :( latest XTR Trail views?
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ok after drooling over the new Saint gear (Currently using previous version) for the last year waiting to be released, upon going to pre-order have found out as this one is specifically only DH, only a 27t cassette can be run out back which just isn’t enough for my 1 x 10 needs.

So, XTR Trail groupset, anybody using this for small DH duties as well as there usual xc/all mountain riding? Wondering how it handles without the specific vented discs?

Only heard good things from the updated rear derailleur?

Will weight change really be noticeable from the saint running 1 x 10?

Current set-up if it helps:

Thanks

wwaswas

this seems to say it’ll runa 34t cassette?

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/shimano-saint-m820-in-depth-34268/

Zee allows a ider range cassette too.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Yep, saint has a little chip in the hanger tab called a mode converter, with it, the mech can definitely take up to 34 (supposedly 36 too).

honourablegeorge

Saint will “officially” take 34t, but owrks fine with 36t too.

Zee has a 11-36 specific version too.

Sicklines have done DH builds with the XTR trail brakes and been very impressed.

messiah
    Free Member

XTR Trail with a Saint rear mech would be on my drool build.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Saint is fine up to a 36T cassette according to the Shimano website –

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/news_and_info/news/announcing_new_saint.html

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Well it would appear I have been misinformed.

Yay! The world makes sense again 🙂

Thanks all!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It would appear they have changed the official line, when I hunted around before it was officially 34T, but could/should/maybebutdon’tsueus work with a 36T.

I have a new 10spd Saint rear mech running an 11-36T rear cassette & it works fine.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Hob Nob, may I ask how you have said item in your possession already? Who was it ordered through?

Thanks!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to know someone who works for Madison, they had a few spare on the first drop so I got one.

I think the next drop is only a week or two away so should be a bit more availability then?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Next delivery is due this time next week.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Fantastic, you lucky man 😉 Original question was purely out of jealousy by the way 😀

No worries I will get my order in.

Thanks

TomO

raisinhat
    Free Member

The official shimano line is 34t max sprocket, but the mechanics said that shimano are usually conservative, and they’ve done it with a 36 without any problems.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘No New Saint for me :( latest XTR Trail views?’ is closed to new replies.