• This topic has 157 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by P20.
Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • No More Vulcan XH558 After This Season
  • crazy-legs

Well I hope they do a better job of the streaming for the next flight

There isn’t a next flight.
    That was it forever. 🙁

Not really a surprise with the streaming, as soon as the XH558 twitter feed had that link in it it was probably doomed to fall over.

aracer
    Free Member

replay!

bigyinn
    Free Member

And thats all folks. 😥 😥

M6TTF
    Free Member

there’s going to be one last short ‘farewell flight’ at short notice according to the newsletter they fire out on email

aracer
    Free Member

That was it

scotroutes

That commentary was absolutely cringeworthy. They should get him in for the next royal funeral.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off in to the sunset….

scotroutes

Don’t you start!

martinhutch

That commentary was absolutely cringeworthy. They should get him in for the next royal funeral.

‘And there goes The Duke of Edinburgh, executing a perfect banked turn….’

maxlite
    Free Member

Commentary….yuck

I’d rather remember a Vulcan squadron doing ‘scramble’ take-offs…impressive

toppers3933
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member
    there’s going to be one last short ‘farewell flight’ at short notice according to the newsletter they fire out on email

They gave 30mins notice for a 15 min flight. How short notice were you after? 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

That commentary was absolutely cringeworthy.

I think he was a bit upset, like some of the engineers on the ground.

P20

I agree, I think he was choking a bit

jimw
    Free Member

£100,877 per flight apparently

P20

replay of the coverage
    Only available for next 18hrs apparently

andyl
    Free Member

There is always someone taking photos on a bloody ipad!

bigyinn
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Off in to the sunset….

Look at that, just LOOK at it!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Nice picture in the Metro, page 2, with a pool of water in front of the Vulcan (presumably from those fire trucks) and the Vulcan reflected and framed within it.

Can see it on page 4 of the e-edition here but I couldn’t find a larger version :

http://e-edition.metro.co.uk/2015/10/29/

A bit like this one but better framed :

aracer
    Free Member

It’s an authentic experience with the same missing footage as if you watched it live 🙄

crazy-legs

It’s an authentic experience with the same missing footage as if you watched it live

Rather than record the original filming and use that as the template, they’ve recorded the actual stream of the feed. Epic fail.

Also, whoever was doing the periscope feed was apparently filming it on a cheap phone while bouncing on a trampoline. Seems a shame somehow that they had a brilliant 2-day tour and then the last ever flight is a rushed 15 minute sortie at ultra-short notice and with a total cock-up in the recording of it. 🙄

bigyinn
    Free Member

The reason for the short notice was because every man and his dog would have gone to the airport and clogged it up, meaning access for emergency services would have been very difficult. This would have in turn resulted in extra costs being levied at the Vulcan team for causing the issues, due to previous warnings.
    The reason for the 15 minute sortie was, I understand, due to limited hours left on the airframe.
    A bit of a damp squib to end the flying career of such an iconic plane.

ahwiles
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member

Seems a shame somehow that they had a brilliant 2-day tour and then the last ever flight is a rushed 15 minute sortie at ultra-short notice…

like bigyinn says, it’s all down to the legal limit of flight-hours on the airframe.

after the brilliant 2-day tour, they had 15mins left, so they thought ‘why not?’

crazy-legs

Yeah, I know all that it just didn’t seem a very fitting end somehow. I know that had they actually announced anything, Doncaster would have been in total gridlock so i can see where they’re coming from with regards to traffic considerations, the airframe hours etc.

I think the rather amateur filming contributed to a lot of the ill feeling around it – as bigyinn says, it was just a damp squib.

I don’t mind either way, I’ve seen it display 3 times this year and several times in the previous 8 years – was just commenting on it.
    CFH’s picture wins this thread. 🙂

edlong
    Free Member

Only available for next 18hrs apparently

POSTED 20 HOURS AGO

Bugger

Having missed it all bloody year, coming across this thread again now seems somehow appropriate.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The rumor is that they are going to release an official DVD hence the rather rubbish footage that’s been available so far.

curvature
    Free Member

There will also be some 4k footage released I believe.

aracer
    Free Member

They’re not exactly selling me the DVD with the quality of the live feed and the re-live. Fine don’t make it so good that nobody buys the DVD, but at least show the whole flight. Right now I’m not confident that the DVD will show the whole flight.

midlifecrashes

Unless they had some sort of following plane or ‘copter, I’d be very surprised if a single camera position on the hangar side of the runway, close to the terminal and hangars, would be capable of filming the whole flight. On the day of the Northern tour a couple of weeks back, she was met on return by a filmmaking helicopter who filmed a good few minutes of low level manoevres and a couple of turns arounf Finningley with some big wingovers. I’d hope these would be in a final issue DVD.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CFH’s picture wins this thread.

Awww, shucks! 😳

Is it time for another cold war thread? I think it might be…!

aracer
    Free Member

Clearly I’m simply referring to that part of the flight visible from the camera position, which we’ve still not seen all of.

scuttler

Barrel roll

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That ‘video’ looks like it’s been poorly faked to me – sky seems to suddenly change as it supposedly rolls over

P20

[video]http://youtu.be/hTTh0WT3ZHM[/video]

The BBC piece on the Vulcans retirement

crazy-legs

Fairly obvious fake. Bunch of still photos proves nothing anyway.
    If it actually had barrel rolled, it would have been picked up by dozens of other people too.

I feel quite sorry for the VTTS guys. Every time they flew, their Twitter and Facebook would fall over under the weight of people slagging them off because the flight wasn’t over their house or there wasn’t enough notice or…or…
    Now it’s retired, people are still having these little digs and pops at them. 🙁

scuttler

“their Twitter and Facebook would fall over”

The point with Twitter and FB as media outlets over VTTS’s own website is they don’t fall over. They’re definitely at the ‘scalable and resilient’ end of the spectrum.

What would happen is that the density of people attending airshows would break the mobile carrier infrastructure in that area which made it really hard to follow aircraft plans during the show.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Some moment:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPuTgcrA2Zs[/video]

P20

Guy Martin 1930 on 4!!

Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘No More Vulcan XH558 After This Season’ is closed to new replies.