Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • No More Conti Gravities – What replacements?
  • P20

I've used the Conti Gravity 2.3 folders for the last few summers and been quite happy, but they stopped making them 🙁
    So what would you recommend? I liked the quickish rolling of the Gravity. Currently have HI Roller 2.35 and i'm not that impressed. Looked at Nevegal, Ardent, Advantage – all 2.3. Its starting to do my head in 😆

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If you get desperate I have a pair of wire bead Gravities that were on a bike for a bit (not much mileage) that I would swap for something of a similar size to a change if
    1. you were desperate enough (not exactly light the wire beads and not sure how the rubber compares)
    2. the logistics for a swap weren't too tricky (am near Chesterfield).

P20

Cheers for the offer, the wire ones are still being made. Had some of those on the singlespeed and didn't like them, the cheap contis are also seemingly a nightmare to sit right on the rim IME

soobalias
    Free Member

ADvantage, go for the 2.1 they come up about the same as the 2.3 contis. I find the very similar to my old gravs. tread is like a low profile Minion DHF.

I tried Nevegals and found them big, 2.1 equivalent to the 2.3 contis (huge in 2.35) and draggy.
    Not seen Ardents in the flesh yet.

gamo
    Free Member

I use high rollers and have just fitted an ardent on the back,
    definitely less drag and seems plenty grippy so far.Size wise
    i have 2.35 high rollers and 2.25 ardents the ardent is not any
    wider but a bit taller, seems like a really good tyre.

poppa
    Free Member

What was it you liked about the Gravity? Just the quickish rolling? What didn't you like about the HR?

Fashionable 'bit of everything' tyres:

Nevegal/Rampage
    Nobby Nic
    Rubber Queen
    Lots of Maxxis…

Nevegal is not a fast roller, but good for the vast majority of riding. Nics and RQ's get good feedback but seem expensive to me!

P20

I liked the quick rolling, the rounded profile and the edges seemed pretty grippy. Good usuable size for the bike (yeti 575) and my riding which mainly XC, but it does get some stick. Good weight too.
    The Schwalbes do look expensive, but may be tempted… 😆

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I had the same problem last year and went for Mountain King 2.4s. They seem pretty similar, if a little more drifty.

poppa
    Free Member

I'd be tempted by Schwalbes if I had the money – you can chuck a Racing Ralph on the back for summer too.

stanley

I had used Gravities (2.3) for a few years. Quite liked them as a do it all tyre.
    Changed to a Nevegal on the back, Blue Groove on the front. Both DTC and both 2.1
    Come up about the same size as the gravities.

Love 'em ! Should have changed ages ago.

Everything else on the bike the same, so it was a direct comparison. Peak area riding mainly.

Garry_Lager

Gravity is / was an excellent tyre, used that quite a bit. Currently on the rubber queen bandwagon – very impressive tyre. If you get the 2.4 UST you have the opportunity of paying £50 for a bike tyre, which not everyone can say they've done.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘No More Conti Gravities – What replacements?’ is closed to new replies.