Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • No more Aldi scrums?
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

No more scrum! There goes my only form of human contact 🙁

andysredmini
    Free Member

Hora. I have got plenty of more expensive branded stuff from gore, fox, endura, altura, etc. and still think some of the aldi stuff compares just fine regardles of how cheap it is.

maccruiskeen

Better than the scrum is the earlybird cyclists with eyes bigger than their panniers who’ve grabbed more booty than they can actually cycle home with. 🙂

I don’t ‘swear by’ their kit – but I’ve tended to buy items (either clothing of the for the bike) that I’ve not used before and cheap way of seeing if I’d get on with it or not. Back in the day my first dalliance with hydration backpacks was with an Aldi/Lidl one, and the way I learned Bar-Bags for touring weren’t my cup of tea was with an Aldi/Lidl one too – it was a cheaper way to find that out than buying an Ortleib one then not use it. It was also a good way to find out that ’Bamboo’ is nothing it claims to be – but makes for a nice comfy casual tshirt non the less.

Drac

I bought some Aldi ski gloves at the end of last year as a pair to walk the dog so not to ruin my North Face. Never worn my North Face since the Aldi ones are far superior.

perchypanther
    Free Member

bought some Aldi ski gloves at the end of last year as a pair to walk the dog so not to ruin my North Face. Never worn my North Face since the Aldi ones are far superior.

Shirley, by your own logic, you should now be wearing the North Face ones to walk the dog so as not to ruin your superior Aldi gloves?

Drac

At the price I don’t care that’s the logic from when I bought them. The fact they are better is a bonus.

bearnecessities

The dog wears the North Face ones.

Drac

He looks very smart.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

you can spend abit of time and not much more buying proper tested kit with proven brands for not much more in Sale bins/online.

Therein lies the problem. People will always be strapped for time and Aldi’s “one-stop (small) shop” model serves such people very well.

s1m0n
    Free Member

The winter jacket and gloves are great for cold commutes, but I found the waterproof socks to be, well, not waterproof.

All in all you get what you pay for and I’ve been more than happy overall. As others have said, it makes great commuting kit, but prefer other stuff for “decent” rides.

epicyclo

duckman – Member
    EVERYBODY buys their drinking kilts from Lidl,they are the way ahead. Interesting stains are much easier to get out of wool effect polyester!

Missed those. Need a kilt for cycling. Polyester would be much better. 🙂

andysredmini
    Free Member

What if like me you weren’t broke and actually went to Aldi on purpose just to buy bike clothing?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘No more Aldi scrums?’ is closed to new replies.