Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 203 total)
  • No matter how much you love them, what partner's habit makes you scream inside?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Leaving the fridge door open until the item taken from it has been replaced after use (eg milk).

I do that because I read somewhere that the thermal mass of the objects is so high compared to that of the air that it doesn’t matter if you let the cold air out I’m lazy.

philjunior
    Free Member

A lot of things, but…

bencooper – Member
    Used teabags being left on the worktop after making said cup of tea…..the bin is appx. 1 meter away…..
    OH’s family do this. We stayed in a holiday cottage where I watched her father walk across the kitchen, get a saucer, walk back, put the saucer on the counter, then put the teabag on it. The bin was right next to the counter.

I did ask, once, and was told it was because otherwise the tea bags were too hot to go straight in the bin. I’m amazed I haven’t caused a bin fire yet.

Yes, finding teabags that have been put IN A BOWL NEXT TO, LIKE <1FT FROM, THE FOOD RECYCLING BIN BOILS MY PISS.
    Using me as a sounding board for ideas she knows are fun but stupid but doesn’t want to decide not to do herself.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Lying spoons flat on the draining board, right-way-up so they fill with little reservoirs of dishwater…

She then leaves them to dry up, like little oases of noxious slurry… Concentrated effluent of this morning’s breakfast pots distilled down to a putrid grey snot…

Love her really… 🙄

splorer

When tools have been used for a job, they immediately disappear from perception, as if they no longer exist.
    ‘Where are the allen keys, they are not in the shed?’
    ‘I was using them outside.’
    ‘How long ago?’
    ‘A couple of days ago’
    ‘But…it has been raining for the last couple of days’
    Hence finding a nice set of rusted ball-end allen keys out in the garden.

‘Where is the flat-head screwdriver?’
    ‘I was painting earlier’
    ‘Where is it now?’
    ‘On the paint tin’
    Finds screwdriver has been used to open paint tin and stir paint, is not cleaned and now encased in dry paint

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Inhaling. Not loud, not rasping just continual and on going respiration.

amedias
    Free Member

Inhaling

but the exhaling doesn’t bother you? or is it more like a constant low power vacuum cleaner?

gonzy
    Free Member

toothpaste…she’s a top squeezer and now the kids do it
    food waste bin – she never empties it…just keeps on filling it beyond overflowing at times
    she also over revs in low gear…when she exits the driveway she’ll be revving past 2000rpm and the car hasnt even moved yet
    leaves her shoes scattered all over the hallway but goes mental if my shoes or the kids shoes arent put away
    never puts the clothes away…i’ll bring the washing in and put mine and the kids stuff away and leave her stuff in a neat folded pile…few days later its still there
    she doesnt put the washed dishes away…but when she does put the plates back in the plate rack its with a crash, bang, wallop…the number of plates that have got binned due to them being chipped
    when she does wash up she never shakes the water off before leaving it on the drainer…a few hours later she will come and moan the the items are still wet…well they would be if you left them in a puddle!!
    when she buys clothes instead of putting them away she leaves them for weeks in the bags scattered around the bedroom…and then when she wears them she never bothers taking the tags off
    when she cooks she needs to use every utensil in the kitchen and then leave them all over the worktops in a mess….when its my turn to cook she’ll be there in my ear telling me to tidy up as i cook
    she wears the hijab…so has a scarf for every hour of the year…she uses pins and safety pins to keep them in place…always find them scattered around the house…i’ve stood on a few too…its only a matter of time before one of the kids does the same

i’m sure she’s got an endless list of annoying things that i allegedly do

gummikuh

I would say borrowing tools for garden use, dandelion removal and general butchery, which is not a problem, only when you find said tool a week later covered in rust after being forgotten about.
    Having a right hissy fit when I locked my toolbox because of it.
    Had the same duvet problem, so now we have two single ones on the same bed, marital bliss.

Ex squaddie so I reckon I am OK ironing shirts, only to be constantly told I’m wrong!
    But wouldn’t swap her for anyone else, she is a saint to put up with me.

Oh and she doesn’t get cycling for the sake of cycling, its just transport and should not be enjoyed?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

amedias – Member

Inhaling

but the exhaling doesn’t bother you? or is it more like a constant low power vacuum cleaner?
    Exhaling is fine. Inhaling in any form bothers me immensely. It distresses me that she feels no shame in stealing the oxygen meant for more deserving members of the species.

johndoh
    Free Member

she leaves them for weeks in the bags scattered around the bedroom

Ohh god this too.

Xylene
    Free Member

Gonzy – I always thought my wife was having an affair. I’m pleased it is with another cyclist.

You can have her Monday to Sunday. I’ll have her on the other days.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Quirrel – Member

Gonzy – I always thought my wife was having an affair. I’m pleased it is with another cyclist.

Comedy gold.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Wow, so many things I can relate to.

Here’s another for you – she has a unique ability to phone my mobile when I’m under a car, up a ladder, unblocking a drain, or covered in grot – not really her fault, but when I immediately call her mobile back within a few seconds of her call having climbed out/down/wiped hands etc, I get no answer. It’s like she’s put her phone down and sprinted away from it out of ear shot. So annoying.

gonzy
    Free Member

i think everyone else here is also having an affair with your wife!! 😆

gonzy
    Free Member

Here’s another for you – she has a unique ability to phone my mobile when I’m under a car, up a ladder, unblocking a drain, or covered in grot – not really her fault, but when I immediately call her mobile back within a few seconds of her call having climbed out/down/wiped hands etc, I get no answer. It’s like she’s put her phone down and sprinted away from it out of ear shot. So annoying.

this as well….usually she phones me when i’m driving and insists that i talk to her…but when she phones her friends/sisters and theyre also driving, she’ll say “oh its ok i’ll call you back…its dangerous to be on the phone when you’re driving”
    or she’ll whatsapp me when im driving

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

The sheer lack of a rational response to most situations, and being deeply offended by the completely non offensive situations then mentioning it for the next 30 years – not sure what the value proposition is in this “relationship”

aracer
    Free Member

Have you not heard of global warming?

bigyinn
    Free Member

A few….

Moaning that a small pile of my magazines at the side of the sofa is my contribution to the general shit-hole mess of a house that she and my son leave behind them. I dont have mess in the house, thats why I have sheds.
    Telling me a story that takes forever to tell because of the mindless crap scene setting that she does before actually getting to the point.
    Moaning that I started painting the dining room last night, despite repeatedly moaning for the last month that I havent started it yet.

mrhoppy

bigyinn – Member
    A few….
    Moaning that a small pile of my magazines at the side of the sofa is my contribution to the general shit-hole mess of a house that she and my son leave behind them. I dont have mess in the house, thats why I have sheds.

Oh god yes, asymetric mess perception. The kitchen a mess and it’s all my fault because my lights are charging by the back door with my small box of biking essentials, conveniently ignoring the forests worth of her pointless magazines and stuff she’s got out with hoppy jr and not put away. But what’s worse is you still get the same view when it’s been put away.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Keeping butter and condiments in the fridge.

nickc

I live alone….and reading some od these reminds mw why that is sooo nice.

but…previous g/f, when exiting house would lock deadbolt with key….and then try the door…just to make sure that she’d locked it. and if I locked the door, she would try it still…just in case I’d turned the key properly…Mad.

we’re only friendly terms and she came to mine a few weeks back…did them same at my house!

woody2000

bigyinn appears to be living with my Mrs 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Keeping butter and condiments in the fridge.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, i’d forgotten about that one.

and not completely tearing the foil off the top of a new bottle of milk, this is made worse by the fact shes left handed so opens it from the ‘other’ side. If i don’t notice and go to pour it sends milk bloody everywhere

lastuphills
    Free Member

Inappropriate dishwasher stacking.

Putting dirty dishes etc next to the sink for the washing up fairy.

If the dishes do go in the sink they go in with what food scraps remained.

Starting a job just as we are about to leave for somewhere.

finding plenty of spare time to look at holidays/facebook etc but never time to look at alternative insurance quotes for her car etc.

Tidying involves putting things in piles and leaving it there.

Cooking involves every dish/pot/pan/knife/fork/spoon etc

Making arrangements then asking me if it is okay.

If i was of a suspicious nature I may conclude she does the above knowing it irritates me so I do it instead.

Notter
    Free Member

Thank you all for validating my teabag on worktop peeve, very cathartic!

Responding to the suggestion that this might be down to inherited frugal time traits, I’m disputing this. I’m sure there’s lots of things that were done in those times that are not carried through, we shower every day don’t we? Buy new socks when there’s a hole in them rather than darning them?

In short there is no excuse, PUT THE TEABAG IN THE BL**DY BIN!!!

🙂 🙂 🙂

bearnecessities

Tbh, a teabag on worktop sounds quite accommodating for a wife.

McHamish
    Free Member

Cooking/reality/talent shows are a good one…

Getting grumpy with me because I’m watching something on Netflix rather than watching “Britain’s Got Baking Factor Get Me Out of Here with Bear Grylls” with her, grinds my gears.

Clobber
    Free Member

In addition to all the previous…

My wife has to discuss everything no matter how trivial, even if I’ve heard it 4 times before as she’s been on the phone to her mates earlier talking about the same thing. She will not make a decision unless discussed and even if discussed to her satisfaction will do exactly what she wants anyway… JUST GET ON WITH IT WILL YOU!!!

McHamish
    Free Member

Farting.

When she does it…it’s funny.
    When I do it…I’m a disgusting animal.

McHamish
    Free Member

Admittedly …I fart more.

legolam
    Free Member

“Asymmetric mess perception” – the husband has this too. Doubly annoying when he “tidies” (ie hides) my stuff because the house is a mess, but leaves all his own stuff out. I once gathered it all up and put it in a gigantic pile near the stairs for him. He stepped over it…

Now I’m wondering if my husband is everyone’s wife?!

Oh, thought of another one: spending over an hour sitting on the toilet when I’d like to get in to shower after commuting home (or when we’re just about to go out, or when I’ve asked him to tidy stuff…). WHAT ON EARTH DO MEN DO IN THERE?! Surely it’s not that comfortable?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Leaving a peanut butter covered knife glued to the worktop.

MoreCashThanDash

Tbh, a teabag on worktop sounds quite accommodating for a wife.

Subtle 8)

mildbore

Most of the above. Don’t remember noticing until I retired though, and it’s getting critical now she’s retired too. The thing is, she lives in a happy go lucky couldn’t give a f×#k fluffy bubble and I get all stressed, so on balance I have a dreadful suspicion that it’s me that’s at fault. A few weeks ago in the supermarket a shop assistant and a customer were cooing over a sweet old couple shuffling round together, head to head. When I walked past them though they were being absolutely vile to each other. Don’t wanna end up like that!

Cougar

Farting.

When she does it…it’s funny.
    When I do it…I’m a disgusting animal.

TBH I find it hard to disagree with that.

WHAT ON EARTH DO MEN DO IN THERE?

Get away from our partners mostly, it’s the only peace we get.

Either that or he’s having a J Arthur, but that should only account for a couple of minutes.

senorj

My missus visits a homeopathic “medicine” provider!
    Every time I go for a good ride I get home to find the washing machine needs emptied . Every bloody time.
    She also does the toilet roll facing the wrong way round thing.
    Aaaaagggghh.

seadog101

Generally doing that thing where making a mess now, as its too hard to stay tidy, and then tidy up later, is somehow less of a faff than not making a mess in the first place?

I constantly seem to keep finding apple cores in places where the apple was eaten, and the core left as a kind of ‘I ate an apple while sat here’ tag?

Thinking that me wanting to go out for a few hours to ride my bike is somehow selfish, even though I would have spent my time on leave, pretty much, devoted to doing things for the rest of the family, whether I was having a tolerable time or not.

mintimperial

Re: dishwashers. My wife has had her dishwasher privileges revoked. Those of you grumbling about your partner’s obsession with dishwasher stacking: you are idiots, get the **** away from the dishwasher.

I always wash up and clean the kitchen, irrespective of who’s cooked. My wife is allergic to tidying up her own mess. I made friends with her housemates at university by actually doing her washing up for her. Apparently she’d once been pleased to find that her dirty crocks had been cleared up, and didn’t notice for several days that they’d just dumped them in the garage, sick of the sight of the things that were growing on there.

She does, to be fair, have some inkling that things need to be cleaned. Unfortunately this manifests itself in her stuffing every last bit of dirty cookware straight into the sink, whilst running the taps or pouring stuff away, so when it comes round to time for me to clear up I have to first excavate the day’s damp coffee grounds, teabags, peelings, bits of catfood, and general ming off a tottering stack of five pans, fifteen different sized plates, some mugs, three colanders, and a tagine full of yoghurt for some reason. Always enjoyable.

Oh oh and another thing: she puts pasta/rice/spuds on to boil, on full heat, with the lid on, then **** off to bimble on facebook or something in another room, so that the pot boils over and covers the cooker in starchy clag, possibly putting out the burner in the process, and then goes “OOOOH WHOOPS” like it’s never happened before ever, and isn’t in fact an absolute 100% cast-iron dead-cert outcome of her having started cooking some food. I swear if she was making a sandwich she’d still manage to over boil a pot somehow. And then not clean it up ever never ever, so muggins here has to scrub the hob every sodding night.

And that’s just in the kitchen! Jesus Christ…

sadexpunk

stocking up with enough food to last months. cupboards, fridge and freezer are always crammed that full ive no idea whats in there. last time i tried to look i couldnt open the drawer, tried rucking it open and cracked the drawer. i dont bother now. i just insist on having one drawer for me which i keep manageable, dont give a toss whats in the rest of it. same with the fridge, just give me one shelf and do what you like with the other sh1t.
    if something gets used and leaves a gap, itll be replaced next shop day.

id like just enough food for what we’ll want in the next week maybe, with fridge freezer and cupboards only half full so i can see whats there.

vaping. she gave up smoking years ago, nice one. she has a sneaky fag when shes out for a drink, no big deal. since vapings come along tho, she thinks it looks cool so has started that ‘so i dont have a fag when im out’. yet she doesnt just vape when she would have had a fag, she’s on the verge of a habit now. really p1sses me off watching her puffing away when i know shes stopped smoking and doesnt need it. she started in the house the other day, so did my lad, so i had to tell em its not happening in the house, dont want to watch em and live in a cloud of smoke/vapour.

leaves bedroom drawers open all the time.

kinda666
    Free Member

When the missus puts the washing on the rotary dryer she always puts the heavy stuff, jeans and towels on one bit, then t shirts and underwear etc on the other, making the dryer lean on one side, trying to explain it would be better to even things out a bit just results in her saying if you think you can do better why don’t you just do it every time…

It’ll be me fixing the damn thing when its bost, but that’s lost on her..
    Also when she knows I’m out riding my bike I’ll tell her to text if she wants to know something and I’ll stop and answer the text at a convenient time and only ring if its important.. Phone rings so I think its important only to be greeted with daft questions like do you want your boiled spuds leaving whole or mashed ffs

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘No matter how much you love them, what partner's habit makes you scream inside?’ is closed to new replies.