• This topic has 171 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 172 total)
  • No kids & Having the snip
  • tthew

If you are married/relationship then your GP will require her to agree.

Really? That’s not the case when I had my chaps chopped. They’re not my partner’s bollocks!

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Had it done in my 20’s. No hassle, no problems and certainly no counselling.

Me ‘I want the snip, I have 3 kids don’t want any more’
    Doc ‘What if something happens’
    Me ‘They are kids not animals, if one of them dies I won’t be replacing them and if me and the mrs split up I will be crippled by the CSA so won’t be able to afford any more anyway’
    Doc ‘fair enough’

Job done inside 6 weeks and I even got to choose if I had a general or local anaesthetic. General FTW!!

Good luck.

zippykona

Voluntarily having any sort of surgery let alone on my bits is something I can’t comprehend.
    It doesn’t sound as if the OP is in a stable relationship so perhaps should be using precautions.
    There’s a lot worse things than babies out there.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Houns, just do it. Dunno why people say ‘are you sure, what if, I can’t understand why people don’t want kids’ etc etc. I know how you feel, I’ve even told my kids NOT to have kids ffs!
    Fekin hate kids me.

There’s a lot worse things than babies out there.

NO THERE ISN’T.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’m 34 and if I could have the snip without surgery, i’d do it at the drop of a hat 😀 Don’t have kids, never plan to have them, same with the missus 😆

Never bought into the whole you must get married and have kids lark!

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m 100% with Houns on this, 38 & I’ve known since 17 that I don’t want kids – I have absolutely no paternal instinct/desire.

There’s a lot of people who want & have kids who possibly shouldn’t but people who don’t want them definitely shouldn’t.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Never needed permission from my ex at the time
    GP “Why?”
    Me “2 kids, dont want anymore and I;m sick of the mood swings of her on the pill”
    GP “Good call 😉 ”

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. Given the amount of people wanting to get the snip….I’m thinking, group buy?

wiggles
    Free Member

Never bought into the whole you must get married and have kids lark!

Yeah the human race would be really successful if everyone just gave up on the idea of having kids 😉

I know it’s just a personal choice, I’m in my 20’s and off to the docs next week to try and get it arranged I do have (what seems like) 30000000000 kids though

Sandwich

Want the room in my freezer for chicken dippers

Get the wrong pack out of the freezer and it could be embarrassing.

DrP

It’s a good question, and a tough one at that…
    Your GP won’t require the ‘input’ from the opposite partner in any situation, but of course will be raised in the consultation.
    It’s not ‘usual’ for a nullip male (no kids) not in a long term relationship to ask for it, but it’s not beyond the scope of reasonable request…
    You’ll try to be convinced out of it, but ultimately if you want it, then you’ll be allowed to go for it.

RE:

It’ll not be an issue they’ll ask you are you sure they do anyway, because they should after all it’s a procedure and they do get people coming back for a reversal, then they’ll let you choose and book a date.

The NHS won’t reverse any vasectomies. Privately it can be done.

Interestingly, the implant (for laydeez) is more effective than the snip…

DrP

growinglad
    Free Member

You are in your 20’s and you know you don’t want kids…so surprised by this statement…

The only thing I was certain of in my 20’s is I liked bikes, beer and shagging.

If I look back to my 20’s and now, 39, I’m so different I wonder whether I should change my name!

I…………actually “we” popped 3 of the little blighters out from 34 to 36 (twins involved)….

They drive me crazy sometimes, but you watch how they pick things up and remind you how bloody great it was to be a kid and you wouldn’t change anything.

Seriously….putting on a rain hat is that difficult?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Interestingly, the implant (for laydeez) is more effective than the snip…

That’s made me hyperventilate.

2orangey4crows

I didn’t want kids at 36 either.

I do at 40.

Don’t think I want kids right now (same age) but if Mrs 10 gets rich I may need an anchor baby.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You are in your 20’s and you know you don’t want kids…so surprised by this statement…

Yet earlier, Houns says he’s 36.
    I wish people would stop being so surprised that some people don’t want kids.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Guy I know had the snips after kid number 2. Number 3 due next month! So be aware, it’s not 100%!

growinglad
    Free Member

Yet earlier, Houns says he’s 36.
    I wish people would stop being so surprised that some people don’t want kids

I was actually replying to someone else’s post.

36 really isn’t that long in the tooth. I would consider having a tattoo quite permanent even though laser treatment is quite good now days (so I hear)….unless there is some reversal treatment out there…having the snip is a pretty big decision.

If we are all to believe that we will live into out 80’s and 90’s perhaps further, we still have a long way in front of us even at 36…..hopefully.

Edukator
    Free Member

I think 2orangey4crows has it. I was skiing with a 70 year old at the weekend, his daughter is 15, they get on great. I’m quite happy using condoms as needed but know some aren’t.

ratherbeintobago

The NHS won’t reverse any vasectomies.

They used to, because I’ve gassed for reversals before, and I’ve never worked outside the Nash.

However, even the urologist doing the operating was pessimistic about the chances of a reversal being successful.

spacemonkey

Kids are awesome. Having the snip is not. IMHO of course.

If you or anyone feel the polar opposite then so be it.

chipster

Both me and the wife didn’t want kids. I got the snip at about 40. I’ve not regretted it once (I’m now 54).
    Go for it, if it’s what you want.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Kids are awesome

No they aren’t. (IMO) Even my (step)granddaughter gives me the heebie jeebies. Rather have a pet rat. & I’ve shot lots of rats.

I hate kids me, but I think I’ve said that before.

large418
    Free Member

Go for it if you are sure.

A mate had 3 kids, divorced, remarried, snip reversal, 3 more kids, then another snip. I think he just has a weird fetish.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I hate kids me, but I think I’ve said that before.

You’d love mine* 😉

*this is what every dog owner tells me when they decide to cure me of my dislike of dogs.

JCL
    Free Member

Do it. I wish I did but it’s too late for me. When you know, you know.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’ll have it done in the next year or so. I’m 30.

My wife and I have a 2 year old and another’s brewing at the moment (due in October). We’re both 100% sure that 2’s our magic number! Don’t want “a wee late one”

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m loving all these people in their twenties and thirties saying that they’re sure they don’t want children. That may be true, but there is a very high chance that view will change in the next 10 years.

I have never wanted any kids, always found them foul, annoying, irritating. Had much better things to do with my life and didn’t see any need to compromise any of that. Most of my friends were the same. Some much more so, to the extent that they nearly got the snip years ago.

At this point all of us bar two pairs have kids and love it. One of the ones that doesn’t wishes they had tried much earlier.

To the 40+ year olds saying they don’t want kids and never will… I can respect that decision and credit to you for making it and sticking to it. To the younger ones, just wait a bit.

There are people who don’t want kids, and there are old people. I know very very few people in both those groups. Very few.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve never wanted kids, right from the age of 18 when I’d made my mind up, I’m a few years older and still just as wise but never chosen to have the snip, I just can’t be bothered with surgery.
    There is no ” what if one day? ” rattling in my head, end of.

If the snips the way you want to manage this, then do it.

gonefishin
    Free Member

That may be true, but there is a very high chance that view will change in the next 10 years.

Why “very high”? What is that based on? If it’s just the experience of you and your friends then it’s pretty arrogant (and kind of insulting to be honest) to assume that everyone elses experience will mirror that of you and your friends.

Houns

For those of you who are of the mindset of “I can’t believe you want to do this”, imagine if someone tells me they want a child or a planning to have one, I have the exact “I can’t believe you want to do this” thought

hora
    Free Member

So what if your partner or future partner wants kids? The desire can suddenly kick in you know.

It can (and does) split couples up when one partner wants children and the other partner can produce the sperm (or eggs).

My partners desire to have kids was zip, negative, narda until she hit 80 then it was I WANT KIDS. She’d have been knocked up/probably with someone else by now if I had refused (well being cynical).

TBH I never wanted kids either. I’m kinda glad hora junior came along though. I still cant stand other peoples kids (and dont want another).

Houns

And 😆 @ Jaffa Cake!

Houns

If a partner wants kids then she’s not right for me/I’m not right for her. We would have to split as if we stayed together and either chose to have them or not then one of us would be miserable for the rest of our lives

lemonysam
    Free Member

If a partner wants kids then she’s not right for me/I’m not right for her. We would have to split as if we stayed together and either chose to have them or not then one of us would be miserable for the rest of our lives

You’re on to a loser on here, people do find it exceptionally hard to believe that some people really just don’t want kids.

You’ll get the “you’ll love it the second you see it” line next.

Houns

Yeah I’m surprised that one hasn’t come out yet!

hora
    Free Member

What if you fall for someone and one year in she does/you do?

BANG ‘I wish I could turn back the clock’.

Just leave it as is- you’ve gone 36yrs without an accident.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

gonefishin – Member
    Why “very high”? What is that based on? If it’s just the experience of you and your friends then it’s pretty arrogant (and kind of insulting to be honest) to assume that everyone elses experience will mirror that of you and your friends.

Yes, I can see where you’re coming from. It’s also pretty naive (sp) and a little arrogant for people on the other hand to think they’re special in not wanting kids. I’m not saying everyone else will be the same; I’m saying the vast majority will be.

Houns

Then in the very extreme chance of that ever happening (more chance of winning a euro million multi rollover jackpot without actually buying a ticket) then I’d want to adopt.

The world is far too over populated without adding to it

So, as a few still can’t comprehend it, going to state it once again

I DO NOT, NOR WILL I EVER WANT CHILDREN

hora
    Free Member

I DO NOT, NOR WILL I EVER WANT CHILDREN

I said the samething dude. I said the samething.

I had a really bad childhood which kinda really put me against the idea.

I don’t want to be selfish etc but I’d never ever want to adopt someone elses genes/DNA.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘No kids & Having the snip’ is closed to new replies.