Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • No, just no.
  • Harry_the_Spider
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You are, of course, correct.

Looks like they also warrant an entry here as well

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought Manchester was in the North, that all looks a bit soft and southern 😉

So where does the North begin and where do the Artisan sandwiches end?

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s a place that does artisan sandwiches near here. For all their 11 euro a go wankery, they’re still not as good as M&S or Pret.

wallop

They’re just calling them ‘artisan’ so they can justify charging £6.50 for them.

Harry_the_Spider

Quite put me off going. I want to see the engineering marvel that had us at the front of space exploration, but at the back of my mind there will be the **** artisan sandwiches.

I wouldn’t mind but I was going to take a picnic.

I blame all of those BBC ponces that have invaded recently.

allthepies
    Free Member

Looks like something a five year old knocked up.

bikebouy
    Free Member

ample hand-cut chips

Shirley that should cheer up you Norverners 😉

Harry_the_Spider

The whole messing-with-scale thing is troublesome too. Are they massive or is the table really small?

If I go will I find out that this

Is made from one of these?

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s also not even a real Bank..

Just saying’, take cash.

molgrips
    Free Member

Jodrell bank.. their signature dish should be one of those big bowl Yorkshire puddings with a sausage sticking up out of the middle.

traildog
    Free Member

and where do the Artisan sandwiches end?

They end in the stomach. At least they do up here in Manchester.

Get you lot, moaning that your sandwiches are too posh. A true Northerner woudl just eat them. 😛

Jodrell bank is in Cheshire. It’s posh there. They have artisan sandwiches and the like. It’s still scran.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Doesn’t ‘artisan’ just mean that the bread’s badly sliced and it’s served in a shoe?

perchypanther
    Free Member

In order to provide a bit of balance…..

Two slice of square sausage on Mothers Pride plain bread with broon sauce and a cup of tea.

a Partisan Sandwich if ever there was one.

fasthaggis

Aye perchy,stay classy 😉

Harry_the_Spider

What happened to the crust?

hooli

I thought Manchester was in the North, that all looks a bit soft and southern

So where does the North begin and where do the Artisan sandwiches end?

The northern most stretch of the M25?

perchypanther
    Free Member

What happened to the crust?

Et it…… ‘s the best bit. 😀

Plain bread only has crusts at either end of the long slice. coz it’s cooked in batches in huge tins. Round dark crusts on the top. Flat light crusts on the bottom. Thick end slices , the Ootsiders, on either end of the loaf. Magnificent.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What, no

RustySpanner

York Railway Museum – 2 butties and a couple of coffees?
    That’ll be £20.00.

3 course meal in the well respected French restaurant down the road?
    £15.00 per head.

SHOVE YOUR OVERPRICED SANDWICHES UP YOUR ARSE.

Salisbury Catheredal, I’m looking at you too.

beagle
    Free Member

It’s a famous roadie caff stop innit? With 10k bikes sat in the rack outside belonging to the mamils of Cheshire, what kind of butty were expecting?!!

We met our southern friends off the motorway there when they came to us for a weekend visit. We happily consumed a rather large picnic in the grounds Harry (mostly pork/pastry based) the quality of which was debriefed at opposite ends of the field via the parabolic dish set up. Excellent!

I let myself down on the way out and bought four brews though

Bunnyhop

What ever happened to chip butties?

Talking of chips, a local pub has just been refurbished and they now put the chips in mini flower pots. What a load of manure.

RustySpanner

Ours has those little mini frying basket things.

This offends me on so many levels I can barely sit there and finish my meal.
    🙂

Lovely pub, recently refurbished, friendly, good beer.

Everyone has mentioned how naff they are, apparently they’re ‘classy’.
    😀

Harry_the_Spider

Chips in flower pots?

Our MPs are voting to bomb the wrong people.

beagle
    Free Member

Chips in flower pots?! In Marple BH? Where??!!

tthew

If everyone just asked the waitress to take it back, put it on a proper plate, (a round one, none of your square plate nonsense please) and return it, they’d soon get the message.

You may get a bit of spit on it too, but that’s a risk I’m sure we’d all agree is worth taking.

Harry_the_Spider

I was once presented with a steak and chips on a slate. A SLATE! There was nothing to stop the peas rolling off apart from the fact THAT THERE WERE NO PEAS.

NO PEAS!

A STEAK AND CHIPS WITH NO PEAS ON A SLATE!

The place has since closed after a significant, and as yet unexplained, fire.

mintimperial

York Railway Museum – 2 butties and a couple of coffees?
    That’ll be £20.00.

The NRM is free entry. You’re welcome to take packed lunches.

Food and drink sales help keep these places open. And that’s not that much more expensive than, say, Costa, only my local Costa isn’t filled with awesome bits of industrial and engineering history like Mallard and Flying Scotsman and that.

I agree that Salisbury Cathedral can piss off though, the church is **** minted.

RustySpanner

We paid/donated at the front desk.
    And bought loads of stuff in the shop – I got some decent beer and a Mallard pint glass, very good it is too.
    And a jigsaw.

😀

The food on the platform was overpriced and unpleasant – crap bread and a couple of artisan crisps.
    The filling was OK and the coffee was nice though.
    🙂

edhornby

I was presented with a burger on an oval bit of untreated wood recently, burger juices staining the plank – I wanted to smash and kill but I was with work colleagues

the Abel Heywood – great beer but NO PLATES !!!

there is a cereal cafe in Afflecks palace

it’s a really good bike ride from the MNPR spiritual home to Jodrell and back

RustySpanner

There’s a thought.
    Used to be my Sunday ride out as a teenager.

New bike arrives soon, might give it a go again.
    🙂

nbt

The Crown, up at Hawk Green. See advert in the local free rag “The Marple Review” (featuring n article on the new road club, ilustrated by a snap from yours truly)

molgrips
    Free Member

There was nothing to stop the peas rolling off apart from the fact THAT THERE WERE NO PEAS.

They’d all rolled off, obviously. That green carpet next to the bar.. it didn’t start off green.

perchypanther
    Free Member

There was nothing to stop the peas rolling off

Shoulda filled the centre of the onion rings, Woulda prevented escapeas.

molgrips
    Free Member

escapeas

Bravo!

Harry_the_Spider

Now there’s a thought! Genetically enhanced onions so that you can make a 12” ring to stop the peas rolling off the slate/shovel/plank/galvanised bin lid/performance artist’s ass.

It would cost billions in bio research and investment in fat fryers big enough to cope with them.

Alternatively they could just serve it on a ****ing plate.

The coffee the NRM is good but the food cost more than some of the exhibits. We ate elsewhere. You’d think that if they “de-ponced” it and doubled the capacity they may actually make more money because people with families could actually afford to eat there. How many people are interested in hand cut this and artisan that? We just want to refuel the kids without feeling like we’ve been robbed and get back in the museum.

We once made the mistake of eating at the Legoland thing in the Traffic Centre. 4 sandwiches, 4 drinks, 4 bags of crisps and a couple of apples cost near enough £30! Never going there again (it was rubbish anyway, I’d not sure I’d darken their doorstep again if the food was free TBH).

edhornby

most people who go to places like Jodrell and the NRM will either eat there because it doesn’t involve going and coming back (so suck up the price), and those with disposable income who have high expectations will need to be catered for, can’t afford to not cater(pun intended) to this sector

I never drink coffee in these places anymore because of the cost/markup

lovewookie

our local frankie and benny’s, normal staple for reasonably priced, ok food was a bit of a shock yesterday lunchtime.

ordered bacon burger and fries from their new lunch menu (read; same old stuff, repriced and reordered), in it comes, on a chopping board, with chips in a brown paper bag.

Not sure where that’s heading. :-/

atlaz
    Free Member

Not sure where that’s heading.

Next time the ingredients will turn up and they’ll tell you to assemble it yourself. Same principle as those restaurants where you cook your own steak on a hot stone. I have a place where I go to cook steak, it’s called home. When I go to a restaurant I want someone else to do the work.

Bunnyhop

Beagle – the pub is The Crown at Hawk Green. Robinsons have done a good job of the refurbishment.
    Not heard any reports about the pretentious food yet 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘No, just no.’ is closed to new replies.