• This topic has 41 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by scud.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • "No G"
  • Cougar

Inspired by some of the comments about Steve Wright on the Radio 2 thread,

Is there a lamer catchphrase in the world than “no G” on the already diabolically piss poor Serious Jockin ‘feature’? “Dave from Skegness has emailed in, he’s training for a marathon. That’s serious runnin’, no G!” I don’t mind Steve Wright on the whole but that catchphrase makes me want to drive round to the BBC and take a coarse cheese-grater to his scrotum.

There can’t possibly be any crapper ones out there. Can there?

redmex
    Free Member

There seems to be a few on here need to enrol for anger management, grate some carrot or maybe cheese but not someones scrotum that would nip

legend
    Free Member

I don’t mind Steve Wright on the whole

Oh I do, between shit catch phrases and fake laughing no one else on the radio grinds my gears quite like Steve Wright

bikebouy
    Free Member

I abhor Mr Wright’s “love the show” catchphrase.

Clearly no-one “loves the show”, it’s a phrase he’s concocted and added to the 6 emails he receives from “listeners”

Not sure about a cheese grater, a vice would be more effective because as it got tighter his voice would squeal up an octave and he’d sound like he’s in a chamber full of Helium (which would make for a far more interesting “show”)

“No W”

jimjam
    Free Member

legend – Member

I don’t mind Steve Wright on the whole

Oh I do, between shit catch phrases and fake laughing no one else on the radio grinds my gears quite like Steve Wright [/quote]

Jesus Christ how do you not just use spotify or podcasts or a playlist of mp3’s on your phone?

legend
    Free Member

Jesus Christ how do you not just use spotify or podcasts or a playlist of mp3’s on your phone?

No, I just listen to various other channels on digital now, but for quite a while choices were limited

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

Worst DJ ever

senorj

The fake laughing gets on my nerves too .
    I usually turn off when it starts .

Cougar

Sorry, this was intended to be a catchphrase discussion, not a Steve Wright dissection.

Dickyboy

Worst DJ ever

Best not check how much BBC pay him, it’ll make your head explode

Edit:- I just checked 😯 😯

squirrelking
    Free Member

Turned over the other week, was about to run a piece on how to go vegan. If you need that explained…

What does no G even mean?

EDIT – wait, I get it. **** sake…

convert

Is there an age when through some rite of passage you have to tune into Radio 2 at least once by law? I’m crashing towards 46 at an alarming rate and can honestly say I’ve never ever listened.

I guess there is a potential I’l like it – but that scares me. As Jimjam says spotify might have turned up at just the right time to save me.

senorj

Sorry cougar.
    Nice to see you , nice.

Pook
    Cougar

Nice to see you , nice.

Brucie had some stinkers, for sure. “So much better than last week.”

pondo

Wrighty and the posse were great in the eighties (“don’t get crushed or mashed”, etc) but his game hasn’t really evolved.

senorj

“you are awful, but I like you”

vongassit
    Free Member

You grate the scrotum & I’ll chuck on the vinegar.

bearnecessities

“it’s good but it’s not right”

Although to be fair, nothing about the show was piss poor.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Keith Lemon. All of it.

Cougar

Oh, I’ve just thought of another. Max Bygraves’ “BIG MONEY!!” on Family Fortunes.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Wrighty and the posse were great in the eighties (“don’t get crushed or mashed”, etc) but his game hasn’t really evolved.

No, they really weren’t.

onlysteel
    Free Member

How’s about that, then?

richardkennerley

Dickyboy – Member
    Worst DJ ever
    Best not check how much BBC pay him, it’ll make your head explode

Edit:- I just checked

His pay should be docked for all the minutes he wastes playing those endless jingles. And for the lack of effort he puts in by reading stuff out of the papers and the radio times. And getting someone to read out those bloody factoids.

ThePinkster

Perhaps if people just stopped listening rather than listening then moaning the beeb might finally come to its senses and get shot of him.

I used to use his show as an example of how not to do it when teaching radio production over 25 years ago. Can’t believe he’s still getting away with it.

Gives even local radio presenters a bad name.

Klunk
    Free Member

Keith “The Mullet” Lemon. All of it.

FIFY

paul4stones

I’ve always assumed the whole thing is tongue-in-cheek

perchypanther
    Free Member

Serious rantin’

No G

km79
    Free Member

“No G”

Can’t say I’ve ever heard it.

Klunk
    Free Member

from a pistonheads thread

senorj

This season I will mostly be wearing black.

Klunk
    Free Member

the fantasy

and the reality

RobHilton
    Free Member

Too. Many. Greggs.

Let this be a warning…

jamj1974

Did the guy in the bottom pic eat Steve Wright…?

No worries if so – I could not listen to his show. Aural vomit. His programme wasn’t good in the 1980’s and having caught 5 minutes of it a couple of years ago, it’s now considerably worse.

As for “No G”, has he changed his name to Steve Wriht?

JoB
    Free Member

“Get the geese off”

that was his as well

jamj1974

Did he also do the KLF piss take back in the 1980’s “What time is lard – moo moo”…? That was shite too.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m still in the dark about what No G means :/ I thought I was all street an ting, but it seems I’m just out of touch.

Maybe it’s the kind of thing I should be happy I’m not touching??

scaredypants

I quite like “keep up the work” on Shaun Keaveney’s show, but suppose it’s more of an audience meme than his catchphrase

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’m still in the dark about what No G means

Me too, but I am still in my 30’s so radio 2 is at least 20 years away yet 😆

I thought a G was slang for gangster, or a grand in money. As in £5000 = 5 G’s.

kayak23

I’m still in the dark about what No G means

something to do with gluten intolerance I think. FIIK either…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘"No G"’ is closed to new replies.