Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • no equipment stretching and body weight routines.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

anyone got a good core strength and general conditioning using own body weight routine ?

and stretching as well.

got 4 weeks away from bike coming up and i tend to just stick to the staple press ups , sit ups , squats and a few stretches.

Would like to target my lower back strength and flexibility and stretch my hamstrings out.

Its been a while and my bike positions suffered the most out of anything now im back on the hobbyhorse.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Watching this with interest having recently cancelled the gym membership.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Spidermans.

scary_carey
    Free Member

Not sure if the below link will work as ive done it from my phone. But single leg deadlifts are great for lower back and hammies. Single leg squats when done correctly are a killer

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=single+leg+deadlift&hl=en&client=ms-android-samsung&tbo=u&source=android-launcher-widget&v=141338691&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZCl9UPK2CYbOhAeC2YG4DA&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=320&bih=533#i=4

Mark

CalamityJames
    Free Member

In addition to what you are already doing, I would adivse the basic ‘plank’ exercise most days. It improved my core strength but of course you may well be fitter than me!

Swimming is also fantastic, but hinges on the availability of a local pool…

trail_rat
    Free Member

forgot planking – thats a further staple for the lower back.

ill be stuck in turkmenistan and even worse i could be stuck on a rig. so its no equipment at all – let alone a pool , i aint swimming in the caspian !

i had a break from the competitive cycling but im by no means out of shape.

Im just looking for some form of racing legs and to at least be able to get my position back to use my race bike for longer rides without buying new forks 😀 – once upon a time not that long ago i could hold my own in a 24 hour race on my race bike. Now im in agony after a couple hours on it !

frepster
    Free Member

Yoga.

zilog6128

Check out the book Convict Conditioning. Or for free, just google Al Kavadlo. His site is a great resource.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yoga – sun salutation (you can learn basics in a couple of sessions)

For lower back stretch/strength start with;

1) lie on back and bring one knee to chest and hold with your arms around knee, hold for a bit. Other knee. Both knees

2) Lie on your front and lift left arm, right leg (sort of like a lying down front crawl with arms/legs straight). Alternate.

There are some yoga poses good for this too (kneeling arching and curving the back), ask the teacher if you do go to a class

DrP

Convict Conditioning

Do I need to file a spoon down into a shank too??

DrP

trail_rat
    Free Member

doesnt sound like a good book to be traveling with 😉

zilog6128

Do I need to file a spoon down into a shank too??

No need, after reading the book you’ll be able to rip someone’s heart out with your bare hands. 🙂

In all seriousness, it has a gimmicky title to grab attention, but it’s the best introduction to callisthenics I’ve yet come across.

midlifecrashes

I’ve just thrown a book on this in the recycling, just retrieved it. If you want it mail me your address and I’ll bung it in the post. Only a freebie thing that came with Mens Health mag years ago but plenty in it. “Weight Free Workout” it’s called.

trail_rat
    Free Member

midlife

cheers for the offer but im flying out of the uk tomorrow morning.

Ill find an ebook or something for the ipad to take with me.

someone else may want it though

Shred
    Free Member
    ooOOoo
    Free Member

yoga

DrP

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbb0nrX8zhg[/video]

Look at those arms!! I think my back would be strong from lugging those trunks around all day…

DrP

mark_b
    Free Member

Skimble works for me – the apps not bad for free and offers a variety of work outs including stretching.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘no equipment stretching and body weight routines.’ is closed to new replies.