Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No drive through the pedals
  • steveo48
    Free Member

Hi all,
    A mate has lost all drive through the pedals, the cassette just spins on the hub. Got any ideas, I haven’t seen it yet but will be repairing it.
    Thanks

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Freehub spawls snapped?

Freehub is broke, repair will depend on make

steveo48
    Free Member

Ok thanks, Is that changeable or does it need a new hub?

bassspine
    Free Member

depends on the hub, the freehub bodies on recent big-name hubs are replaceable, old shimano and some proprietary brands are made of rocking horse excreta

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

depends on the make – shimano its a new freehub – the bit the cassette goes on but its not difficult to replace.

steveo48
    Free Member

I’ll have to find out what hub he’s got. Thanks. I could be in touch soon.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

As other replies – a new freehub body and as TJ says, it not that difficult a job? Cost varies between £35 (Shimano, thats what I paid last time) to £50/60 Pro 2. Others may vary from this and some will not be replaceable.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Frozen freehub-you been jet washing the bike? Just check before you shell out on a repair that its not just frozen, sometimes even with a perfectly okay hub temperatures down below minus 8 can make the pawls freeze out of engagement. I t may even be that you can strip down dry and re oil the pawls etc.
    Had a Nuke Proof Generator hub give up in a similar fashion but the actual engagement teeth on the hub were absolutely shot and the pawl springs which consisted of bent flat plate metal had developed a compressed memory. Bit disappointing consireding the price of the hub.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No drive through the pedals’ is closed to new replies.