Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • No drilling at Surrey Hills…
  • rewski
    Free Member

saw a headline on the news, don’t know the details – anyone?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

BBC Surrey news item here.

Could still go to appeal.

rewski
    Free Member

Great thanks.

freeridenick
    Free Member

There was a meeting this week to discuss the planned drilling/prospecting in Bury Hill Woods.

freeridenick
    Free Member

ohh – good news

TheFlyingOx

Everybody wins.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I read a post on the website set up for this issue and the report was that the company petitioning for the drilling have confirmed that they will appeal.

http://www.lhag.info

on twitter: Leith_Hill_AG

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You all complain when the price of petrol goes up and we start more wars to get it elsewhere …………..

jhw
    Free Member

You all complain when the price of petrol goes up and we start more wars to get it elsewhere …………..

I don’t know where to begin

freeridenick
    Free Member

I reckon there is probably about enough under there to fill one of the locals Range Rovers and thats about it

aP
    Free Member

They wouldn’t have spent this much money if they weren’t certain of getting a decent return, anyway there’s loads of oil wells in Surrey, what’s the problem with one more?

freeridenick
    Free Member

The location

AONB

Coldharbour Lane is not ideal for HGVs! and then getting through Dorking…

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

My understanding is that they’d expect the same quantity of oil coming out from up there to be around the same as the one on the A25 Reigate Road. That being one pick up a week from a small tanker. Doesn’t sound too excessive. Of course, no oil extraction is exactly ‘green’, but it’s got to be better extracted here than importing and associated Co2 etc? Don’t particularly want it mind!

jhw
    Free Member

They wouldn’t have spent this much money if they weren’t certain of getting a decent return

Isn’t the whole point that itty bitty projects like this are only economic because the oil price has spiked, it’s bound to crash soon with the commodities bubble (as in any day now) and when that happens you’ll just have a permanent scar on the landscape and a pump with no economic rationale any more

Reckon shale gas/fracturing is going to be the next big battleground for environmentalists

5thElefant
    Free Member

Oddly their have been oil fields in the south east for decades. Really.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me, we don’t do a huge volume of work in the UK, the more NIMBY people get the more likely I’ll get a trip to somewhere more exotic than Stanlow or Fawley.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘No drilling at Surrey Hills…’ is closed to new replies.