Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • No comms from seller despite money being paid
  • Clink

After advice – paid for frame off here on 31st May (Paypal gift); framewas meant to be dispatched to arrive for last weekend. Not heard anything since. someone else on here has received bars bought from same seller, but bad communication. What are my options? I have e-mail address and forum name on retrobike and I think ebay; think I've also found him on Facebook. I don't have a phone number. I obviously have e-mail records of conversations and paypal records. Can I do anything???

Clink

Tried that already – doesn't work – presume as gift? (won't be using that again!)

br
    Free Member

tbh when ever I'be bought anything on here, I've exchanged emails and then texted/called

Clink

tbh when ever I'be bought anything on here, I've exchanged emails and then texted/called

Exchanged lots of e-mails – and tbh never had a problem with lots of transactions on here (apart from brakes I forgot to post 😳 ). Username is ferrit32 if that helps – also on retrobike.

bruneep
    Obi_Twa
    Free Member

THIS MAY COME ACROSS AS VERY HARSH – DO NOT READ ON IF EASILY OFFENDED.

What kind of muppet gifts money to a complete stranger that isnt a regular on the forum, not just the classifieds? Seems like the easiest way in the world to scam money out of people.

Clink

Yes bruneep.

THIS MAY COME ACROSS AS VERY HARSH – DO NOT READ ON IF EASILY OFFENDED

Yes I've probably been a muppet, no i'm not offended.
    I know/think he lives in Blackpool/Lancashire. Is small claims an option??

toys19
    Free Member

If you have his address small claims is an option. Go to money claim online the govts small claims service.

Clink

If you have his address small claims is an option.

I don't just e-mail and general location. i reckon I can find an address though; I'm not going to let this go!

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

The last photo of the chap is in at an event. If you could narrow down the event you may be able to get results online and match his number to a name if that helps. Looks like it may be Kona Mashup is im not wrong and they list all there results online for last year

bruneep

He has a name

trail_rat
    Free Member

warrenpfo the guy in the photo is not the guy selling the frame. isnt it kona sleepless in the saddle that photo anyway.

looks like he bought the frame from one rich pips , possibly worth email him see if he has a phone number etc . – although i believe rich was going away galavanting on his bike this summer so might not be around his emails

Clink

Yep – want to make it clear guy in picks is not the seller, but the original owner.

peteimpreza

Is it not about time the STW chiefs started to get a bit stricter as to who can post on the Classifieds?

My suggestion is subscribers to the mag who provide billing addresses and non-subscribers who post 100 times on the other forums.

clubber
    Free Member

The ad and posting history hardly fits the mould for a scammer so either it's a very good one or the seller's just acting like a numpty or can't send it for some reason but will eventually send it.

Fingers crossed

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I had the bars of this bloke they took around 2 weeks to turn up never had any emails of him,hopefully he is just a bit slack & the frame will turn up.

Clink

That's what I'm hoping clubber…

cyclistm
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-original-inbred-853-and-lumicycle-halogens

Maybe contact the starter of this thread – he may have more contact details if he bought the on-one.

Hope it gets sorted

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I agree with Clubber, but let this be a lesson to your about paypal gifting!

clubber
    Free Member

Why? Would it have been different with a cheque or bank transfer?

toys19
    Free Member

No do paypal normal goods. Then you have comeback for not received.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Clink, too nice a frame to let it go. Can I have first dibs? 😉 I'll seriously consider buying it off you if it doesn't fit/you don't like it.
    BTW Good luck chasing it up.
    Kris

rudedog
    Free Member

Paypal offers very little in the way of protection outside of ebay. Even if you don't use 'gift' they will only offer protection if the item was not recieved – if you received an item and it wasn't as described they won't help.

Also, even if you are successful with your dispute, they will only pay you back what they can recover from the other persons paypal account.

brant
    Free Member

richpips is at the Polaris this weekend, fwiw.

Clink

Ta Brant.

Seller has contacted me today – hopefully I should receieve it this week. Fingers crossed! 😀

Clink

Frame now arrived 😀

soobalias
    Free Member

woop!

pics?

Clink

pics?

Give me a chance! 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

COOL!
    Nothing makes me twitchy than a lack of comms from someone who has your money….
    Never been stung yet, but its bloody annoying to have to chance. Managed to surprise the last one by calling his direct line at work, he sounded well stunned!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Another one to avoid, thanks.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Super news old bean! So will this have the contrivance of a multiple ratio chain drive?
    😀

Clink

So will this have the contrivance of a multiple ratio chain drive

How dare you sir! Pistols at dawn!!

zangolin
    Free Member

Clink – Glad your frame arrived ok in the end – was a good reason given for not sending the frame when stated?

younggeoff

Just seen this and thought it best to post my experiences with the seller, longest I had to wait between comms was 24 hours, openly told me he couldn't post over the weekend, arrived on my desk Tuesday morning, so no concerns frmo me and I'd buy from him again, can't say fairer than that really.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Seen this thread and I have bought from this seller , a hope stem and to the contrary I found all communication with him to be fast, coherent and informative, stem arrived very fast, what more can i say!!!!Try this email address for him worked for me
    philipaustin1972@yahoo.co.uk

john_l
    Free Member

Same here – RC29 arrived when he said it would, communication all good. Lools like Clink's experience was the exception – happens I suppose.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Same here – would have arrived on time but thepostman hasn't figured out what a doorbell is yet…

Replied to my emails quickly aswell.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘No comms from seller despite money being paid’ is closed to new replies.