Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • No bumping (…in the bumper cars???)
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

So basically short of telling the counter staff (who presumably have no say in the restrictions) that it’s all cobblers, there’s not much point in arguing. That correct?

correct ,possibly. However it is not the STW way so argue till you are banned or flounce ….your choice.

tazzymtb

TJ-shhhhhh people like to get all emotive and hysterical about health and safety regulations and guidance, don’t go spoiling it with logic!

next you’ll be explaining the principles of suitable and sufficient assessment of risks and the use of reasonably practicable control measures and that will really upset the daily mail ranting brigade. 😆

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Jackson – conkers were never banned – it was a spoof from a headteacher and all the papers fell for it

Yes I know, but that misses my point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No jackson – the point is that most of these health and safety gone mad stories are myths. they never happened.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

remember seeing some documentary about the fair not so long ago, the no bumping is to stop small children getting hurt..and also to stop there expensive cars getting trashed

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

My point is that although some are myths, others aren’t (Henman Hill etc). Those that are employed in the application of law and legislation should be legally trained.

Myths or not, are only propagated by a fundamental misunderstanding of the law.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

H&S Nazis.

konabunny
    Free Member

perhaps she was using this particular case which would gain media attention as an opportunity to get public attention for the HSE.

I think that’s absolutely right – unfortunately she got pwned by the Wimbleguy and it involved her spreading more H&S-related FUD.

donsimon
    Free Member

No jackson – the point is that most of these health and safety gone mad stories are myths. they never happened.

No jackson, the point is now that the point is no longer your point and a more important point is being used to both highlight and rubbish your original point, everyone must now focus on the new and more important point regardless of whether there is any relevance to the OP’s point or not.
    Do you get my point drift?

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

😆

Just done a quick risk assessment and all these points are dangerous… we’ll have someones eye out!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘No bumping (…in the bumper cars???)’ is closed to new replies.