Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • No brown in town?
  • zilog6128

I’m pretty sure this was actually an article in the national news a few weeks back, about clueless graduates failing to get ahead in the City because of their brown shoes! So I think it probably is a “thing”.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

And there is a sort of uniform for IT support people, a uniform for Roadies (music or cycling) etc etc…

So let’s get past the “I’m not going to do what the man says… I’m an individual… I don’t conform… ” schtick which is usually said by people wearing jeans, like every other individual… 🙄

I get to wear what I want at work. Sometimes a suit, or jacket, sometimes not, different shoes, but patients have expectations. Two people said they liked my socks today. Some years ago I wore deck shoes with no socks to work and an old lady offered to buy me some…

It’s not failure to adjust to people’s expectations.

BoardinBob

Oh it is. A thing for absolute arseholes.

Coyote
    Free Member

Where’s Flashy when you need him?

He has nothing to add here…

dantsw13

Interview – go conventional. Social – look in the mirror, if you like it, wear it (if your wife lets you out other house in it!)

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

no brown in town? This might have been the rule in the 80’s and 90’s. Well actually it was the rule in the 80’s and 90’s but not now.

Pretty much anything goes, especially socially.

DezB
    Free Member

Interview – go conventional. Social – look in the mirror, if you like it, wear it

Work – cheap shit that keeps the employers happy 🙂

plyphon
    Free Member

I’m currently wearing some Stefan Janoski Nike SB Max’s in my Clerkenwell office, if that helps you decide what modern office attire should be in London.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m currently wearing some Stefan Janoski Nike SB Max’s in my Clerkenwell office, if that helps you decide what modern office attire should be in London.

😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

blue and brown is fine for casual attire, but it’s not business dress.

dantsw13

I’ve worn uniform for work for the last 23 years – certainly makes things simpler.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

I’m in Chicago. Wearing a pair of black Oxfords. From Duckers, in Oxford. Very loud pink checked shirt, too.

The paperclip trade has standards. 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

Do what you like or what anyone else says. Just be aware that blue, especially dark blue doesn’t go with brown in any situation. Bugger the trendies, it’s as bad a pink and orange.

Bregante

Think of it as a uniform. If a policeman turned out for work wearing a pink shirt he would, quite rightly, be told to get to f***

Really? Nobody has ever said that to me when I’ve worn mine.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Just be aware that blue, especially dark blue doesn’t go with brown in any situation.

Rubbish.

core

I went with black. Glad I did, looked smarter, do was a bit stuffy, but it wouldn’t have mattered in reality.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Edit: Female!

CountZero

no brown in town? This might have been the rule in the 1880’s and 1890’s. Well actually it was the rule in the 1880’s and 1890’s but not now.

😀
    I wouldn’t wear a blue suit under any circumstances anyway, it would be either black or preferably charcoal, probably with a pair of these:

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have an interview tomorrow. Not for some sociopathic city banker job, but a small charidee in Fife

Have a very nice Zegna suit. Navy blue with tan pin stripes.W
    Which shoes?

^ I really like those DMs

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘No brown in town?’ is closed to new replies.