• This topic has 28 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • No bike, rubbish weather. What do you do?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I’d got a long weekend of riding lined up however my bike got stolen on tuesday and with the insurance not paying out i’m bikeless for the forseeable. What does everyone do when they’re not on their bike? I’m in a flat so there is no house work/ shed to play around in

bearnecessities

Not the Mojo?

iainc

If weather is too crap to ride I go swimming. Can’t do it for whole weekend though !

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can you not rent a bike at a local trail centre?

brack
    Free Member

Surf/ windsurf/ sup

Rosss
    Free Member

Not the mojo my hardtail, I don’t keep the Mojo with me now since my hardtail got stolen (student). Might potentially look at hiring a surfboard but the nearest wave is a decent way away and I dont have a car. Hiring a bike at a trail centre is a good shout, i’ll look at trains

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

local climbing wall?

samuri
    Free Member

swimming is my other exercise but I rarely do it.
    Usually when I’m on holiday I’ll put in a quick mile each morning in the pool. Unless the sea is handy in which case I’ll just swim along the coastline for an hour.

Outside of exercise…read, XBOX, draw, take dog for walks, watch films.

thejesmonddingo

If you’re single,eating,drinking and mindless sex.If you are in a relationship,you might have to throttle back on the sex alittle.Before anyone says sex is not exercise,it depends entirely on how you do it.

johnners
    Free Member

Before anyone says sex is not exercise,it depends entirely on how you do it

You take a very long run up?

And for the OP, go walk up some hills. Quite under rated round here.

dobo
    Free Member

run!

this was great today, very wet and muddy

http://brutalrun.co.uk/

piemonster

Wow, that’s some link. Worth a watch and safe at work etc etc

mikey74
    Free Member

+1 for going running.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Run, cross country i.e. you could run your local MTB route, nice and steady if you’ve not done much of it recently though.

mogrim

Trail running.

edhornby

pub?

garage-dweller

Time with the kids and before that I would have gone for a walk in the hills if weather not too shocking. Either that or go see some non cycling friends or relatives.

mightymule
    Free Member

What a silly question to ask when Terry Pratchett has a new book out!

loddrik
    Free Member

Sleep

JCL
    Free Member

Go and do some trail work.

hora
    Free Member

**** female students.

kayak23

Make a nice quiche?

kennyp
    Free Member

Go and run on the trails you normally bike. It’s actually great fun, is a fantastic work out and there’s no filthy bike to clean afterwards.

jekkyl

Silly question. Get high, masturbate, watch movies, play video games, drink alcohol, eat.
    Not necessarily in that order.

hora
    Free Member

Dont leave a bike in a courtyard, shed, 8 storeys away in a carpark etc?

Sorry.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

get one of these

cheap pad set, wrist guards and helmet from Sports Direct etc..good fun in the dry.

Good price and it’s decent too. Rather than cheap childrens toy tat.

carlos
    Free Member

Go for a walk/run round your local stuff but explore a bit and look for new routes or hidden gems. Found some great stuff in the local forest doing that.

DT78
    Free Member

I keep riding but on a cheap winter bike….can recommend an old genesis io, you could ask for some cash for Xmas and should be able to pick one up for £250 though I bought mine in off season in summer…just cause its cheap doesn’t mean it is rubbish

Also change what you ride, I tend to do more base training / higher % fire road than summer as most of my local trails get hub deep in mud.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘No bike, rubbish weather. What do you do?’ is closed to new replies.