Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Niterider lumina 700 USB rechargeable light + Dynamo
  • RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Rather than splash out on an Exposure Revo dynamo light has anyone tried directly running a usb rechargeable light such as the Niterider Lumina 700 off a dynamo. Seems like a neat way of saving some money whilst getting a much longer stand light too.

scotroutes

I’ve considered this but if it works anything like my Niterider 250 then the light cuts off when the USB cable is plugged in. That means you are limited to the length of one full charge. Might work out OK if the nights are short, though I’ve not seen anything that would let me work out if the dynamo would fully recharge the light in the course of a days riding.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I suspected that might be the case. The light would definately need to work whilst on charge. I’ll experiment with my moon rear light tomorrow and see if it works but it’ll probably need to go via a regulator first which wouldn’t be ideal as I’d need that for my phone.

scotroutes

Let me know how you get on?

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

yep sure will

Bez

I think I did try it with an Exposure light one, I forget. If I recall, you’ll not get anything like enough current out of the USB charger end of things to keep a front light going indefinitely, but you may extend its life if it’s capable of charging whilst the LED is on. I may be wrong.

Alternatively, if this is for road use, have a look at the German lamps – B&M are your best bet. About £50 gets you a Cyo.

scotroutes
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Niterider lumina 700 USB rechargeable light + Dynamo’ is closed to new replies.