Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • niterider lights? 700 lumen model…. (enough light?) user experiences, pls…
  • alpin
    Free Member

have found a rather good offer on three sets of Niterider 700 lumen lights for half the price of one light. they are old stock and can’t find them on the Niterider website….

i’m buying blind and don’t want to spunk my money. nor do i want the faff of having to re-sell them.

have an old set of halogen Lumis from yonks back. no idea how many lumens they gave out.

is 700 enough? i know there are lights out there offering 1800lm.

might be the old 700 Pro that i’m looking at.

cheers

alpin
    Free Member

no oneß i mean literally no one has anything to say on this subject. WOW.

Sandwich

I’ve a 500 lumen niterider I use on the road. More than bright enough on unlit country roads one setting below max output. On full it lasts just over 2 hours and runs out before I get home if I go the long way home.

Northwind

700 lumens is enough, but it’s not lots. How much?

jonba
    Free Member

Not all lumens are equal. The ones on the cheap Chinese lights are a lot less than the ones on some pretty premium lights. It is down to the way it is calculated.

Northwind

jonba – Member

It is down to the way it is calculated made up

RoterStern
    Free Member

I bought one of those cheap SLED chinese lights but in Germany (from Amazon actually) for 70 euros as it comes with a garauntee etc. It’s mainly for back up purposes but it’s perfectly adequate for off roading especially trails you know well and ít’s supposed to have 1000 lumens.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘niterider lights? 700 lumen model…. (enough light?) user experiences, pls…’ is closed to new replies.