Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nite watches – anyone got one?
  • Kryton57

I’m quite taken by this.

Obviously the glowing stuff is a bit of a gimmick but still…

webster
    Free Member

I bought that same model a few years ago after looking for something smart but subtle that didn’t need a mortgage . Also got the same one in a different colour for my son a year later .
    Was a bit nervous about the glass to begin with but it’s had a couple dunts and no damage .
    The “glowing stuff” is quite good , makes the watch more readable in low light too .

benp1

The important bit is the glowing bit. It emits light, and doesn’t absorb and release it

I’ve had a Traser for years (and it’s still glowing fine), it’s my active watch (normal watch is an Apple Watch, dress watches sitting unloved in the drawer). It’s a fancy one with Chronograph, I’d consider a more plain version if buying again. Often used for trips where I don’t want to charge a watch overnight and where the tritium is handy for checking the time in the dark. Also has a compass on the watch strap so I can go full MacGyver

Tritium watches are great! I’d go for Traser in preference to Nite, just personal opinion. Also see Luminox

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Traser plus 1 here. However fully admit I have not owned any other makes to compare with. Just that had mine for years and still going strong.

Alpha1653

Yep, another Teaser watch owner here. I got it for my 17th birthday. I’m now 34 and it’s still going strong. They need servicing every few years and I’ve had the tritium capsules replaced once when one fell out. Only problem I’ve had was when I was rolled over the bonnet of a car and cracked the glass. An immense watch.

If nite watches are anything close to being as good you’ll be happy. And the tritium thing isn’t a gimmick, they emit light so don’t need the sun. Readability is the best I’ve ever seen, so much so that I’ve even used the light from the watch to write orders at night without being seen.

Futureboy77

Good watches and their customer service is spot on too.

I have a Hawk 300, which due to owning too many watches i keep meaning to sell. I have a couple of Seamasters amongst others but seem to wear my Suunto most of the time.

If you fancy a punt on a Nite watch, ping me a mail. It’s not been worn since it was serviced.

richmars

I’ve had a MX-10 for a few years, wear it most days, so I guess that makes it my favourite watch. Been back once for a new battery but otherwise it’s been fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nite watches – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.