Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nite Watches
  • perditus
    Free Member

Have a significant birthday coming up (50) and being asked for gift ideas from family – would mind a watch, something good quality but plainish and saw these from Nite. Anyone had one?

https://www.nitewatches.com/store/gb/mx10/mx10-300t/

crossland
    Free Member

I have one of the vision range, its great imho, heavy but a really nice watch

richmars

Really like my MX10.
    Not the thinnest watch so check you’re ok with it.

frankconway

Increase the budget and get a pre-owned Omega.

slowster
    Free Member

Perditus, do you realise that the model you have linked to has a plastic strap? Maybe it would last longer than the plastic straps on cheap Casio watches, but I would certainly not choose that model if it was to be a present for a ‘milestone’ birthday.

rmacattack
    Free Member

big price imo. i’ve been looking at tissot at citizen myself atm

euans2
    Free Member

I have the MX10 on both the rubber and metal straps, both fit well and have plenty of adjustability, it’s a nice watch to wear, not too big or too small and it has great illumination in the dark. I also have an Ikon, both really are good watches and I’d happily buy another Nite watch

postierich
    Free Member

MX 10 owner bought off STW 3 years ago strap has failed 3 times and the seals have gone causing moisture to get in will be sending back to see if they will replace.
    Nice watch but seems very fragile

CountZero

Increase the budget and get a pre-owned Omega.

What if the OP doesn’t actually want an Omega, pre-owned (second-hand), or new?
    I wouldn’t, I don’t like Omega watches. Or Rolex, for that matter. There are, however, some very nice Seiko watches around, I love my SPORK, although I’m wearing a £19 Casio modded to take a nylon ZULU strap.
    It’s lost five seconds since I last set it two months ago.

BadlyWiredDog

Maybe have a look at Elliot Brown as well. The Canford is a proper, classic, no-nonsense thing in a variety of finishes / choice of straps. A bit more expensive than the Nite stuff, but a bit more ‘special’ I think and impressively tough too.

perditus
    Free Member

The other watch I was looking at was the Cabot G10.

joolsburger
    Free Member

https://www.traser.com/en-gb/

However I’d still get a JDM Sekio from these guys http://www.creationwatches.com maybe £50-75 more but very well made, quality and lots of choice.

Alpha1653

Another vote for Traser watches. Mine’s been going strong since my 17th birthday and has been around the world, deployed on countless exercises and on operations. I’m 34 now and it’s still indestructible.

I’ve also got a Elliot Brown Canford which I wear daily – lovely watch too but it’s a fair bit chunkier. Horses for courses!

frankconway

Countzero – it was a suggestion; you seem to think it was an instruction.
    I’m sure your seiko is….functional.
    Does it matter whether or not you like Omega or Rolex?
    I have a Brietling and Omega; personal preference is Omega – by some distance. Oh, and a TomTom runner watch 😆

Kamakazie

Have a look at Timefactors.

Lots of styles with good movements and very well made. You want be paying extra for the marketing either.

Watches like the Speedbird are classics.

The linked forum is very good if you are happy to go second hand.

randon
    Free Member

The citizen ecodrive is another good option. Accurate and durable.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nite Watches’ is closed to new replies.