Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Nissan X-Trail ….. would you?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Watched 5th Gear re-run on Sunday – they set out to find the best off roader fro under 20K, X-TRAIL came out on top.. Check DAVE out, it may be on the net somewhere..

UncleFred
    Free Member

Daihatsu Terios. Permanent 4 wheel drive. Electronic Diff Lock. 1.4 litre engine. Room inside for 2 bikes, smaller turning circle than a black cab. Never got it stuck anywhere.

They do look a bit gay though.

Oxboy
    Free Member

The X-Trails more of a soft roader really, isnt it a 2 wheel drive car that kicks into 4 when needed with good ground clearance? In my opinion that makes it a very versatile estate car. It has got a dodgy dash too!
    Toyota RAV4’s a cool motor. Or indeed the Honda CRV.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Gratitudes for all the responses.

Mixed bag of opinions. In reality, who am I kidding? I don’t need a new car.

However, if the opportunity came along, I have to admit that …… yes, I would.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Go big (do it properly) or go (stay)home 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

going to get a free 4 month trial (family loan) in one as an aussie bike trip car will be available for comment later…..

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got an early 02 x-trail, the 2.2 diesel SE+. Its got nice heated leather, panoramic sunroof, climate etc, loads of space, will keep up with a hatchback on twisty roads. Only 114 horsepower, but that is enough for decent performance.
    Does about 34mpg average, 45 on motorway. Will do 115 flat out and cruise happily and quietly at 80, gets a bit noisy 90+.
    It’s not a full on off-roader like a defender, but its definitely no softie and extremely capable, more so with good tyres.

Its only 20cm longer than my old Megane and no wider. Not very high overall, but it makes a big difference to the driving position.

Mrs FM cried when I brought it home as she had a 206 before. Now the only car she wants is the new model!

Only downside for me is it won’t take a bike with the wheels on and seats up.

Why wouldn’t you?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Nissan X-Trail ….. would you?’ is closed to new replies.