Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Nissan warranty question (plus GF mini rant)
  • guimet
    Free Member

I’ve just got this from my girlfriend and as I’ve got another 7hrs before my flight home, I’d thought I’d seek the opinion on yet another less-than-thrilling topic, but one that ST seems to specialize in:

09 plate Nissan Note serviced this week shows that the rear parking sensors are corroded and told not covered by the warranty (expires after 1 yr for parts), however warranty for the “Genuine Parts and Accessories Warranty” which covers the parking sensors states that “Nissan International SA issues a warranty for all Nissan genuine parts and accessories installed on a Nissan vehicle by an authorised Nissan dealer to be free from defects in materials or workmanship. The Genuine Parts and Accessories Warranty applies to parts purchased by the consumer and installed on a Nissan vehicle by an authorised Nissan dealer and has a duration of one year from the date of installation, regardless of mileage driven. However, when the vehicle on which the part is installed is covered by Nissan New Car Warranty, this warranty will not end before New Vehicle Warranty. For a customer to exercise his or her right to the warranty, he or she must provide evidence of the part installation date by means of the invoice”

So I rang up to say that I think the parking sensors are still covered as they are a Nissan part installed by Nissan on a vehicle which is covered by the New Car Warranty. At first they said that the part wasn’t a Nissan part!!! RUBBISH , I exclaimed that I would be worried if Nissan where installing non genuine parts! Then they said they would get clarification, and can back and said that the part was installed by the showroom and not the factory, which I was not aware of, and that it would not be covered more than a year. However the warranty makes no distinction between parts installed by a factory and those installed by a dealer, in fact it states the Warranty covers “parts purchased by the consumer and installed on a Nissan vehicle by an authorised Nissan dealer”.

So, short version, are Nissan trying to fob us off by saying the parts were fitted by the showroom, rather than the factory (option ordered when car was ordered, not retro fitted)?

All abuse regarding car choice, need for parking sensors in the first place, length and lack of swearing in rant, welcome. 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

Does sound like you should be covered. I don’t see why you should care when they fitted things – that is their own internal company business before you received the car.

Have you tried taking it back to the dealer (with a copy of the full warranty text in your pocket) to see what they say?

Dave

Edit: I see you are somewhere else, hence doing it by phone. Definitely an ‘in person’ job, this one… Go at a busy time, a loud voice in a showroom, talking about warranty issues could work in your favour.

konabunny
    Free Member

I can’t read that any way except the way you do and it seems pretty unarguable: “Nissan International SA issues a warranty for all Nissan genuine parts and accessories installed on a Nissan vehicle by an authorised Nissan dealer to be free from defects in materials or workmanship”. NB that it’s not to the point that the dealer installed it instead of the factory – in fact, that warranty doesn’t cover factory-installed stuff! Also, it wouldn’t matter whether the accessory was installed before or after you collected the car, or whether it was new or old.

Have you tried calling Nissan UK customer service?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nissan warranty question (plus GF mini rant)’ is closed to new replies.