Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nissan NV200 Van
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Thinking of upgrading my 05 Doblo Cargo 1.9jtd to a 2012 Nissan NV200 1.5dci. Has anybody got a NV200? What are they like? I’m looking at the 89bhp SE model which has some nice toys in the cab and a bigger load space in the back that will come in very useful.

So mpg? Day to day experiences? Any info appreciated.

Cheers

G

redstripe
    Free Member

I had a hire/loan one for a week, I know probably not long enough for a full impression but it was long enough for me – it did everything it should in terms of getting from A to B but I felt is was quite a dull place to be & very cheaply built to a price compared to VW’s/Toyotas I normally use. Seems to be between car derived and medium sized vans for size in the back. I wouldn’t want one after my week with it but I guess if you aren’t bothered about aesthetics/image and it’s cheap enough then why not?

ricky1
    Free Member

New version of Nissan vanette,I think they also do an electric version,not heard much of them yet,not seen much neither,would like to know myself.

Earl
    Free Member

Pulling up a chair too…

With driver + 3 passengers is there much room in the back for bikes?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

It’s got less than 30,000 miles on it and comes in under £7k so not too bad.
    I would prefer a VW caddy but the lwb ones command a lot more money with higher mileages.

P.s. it’s the van I’m looking at not the car.

ricky1
    Free Member

2 seater is it monkey,I’ve not googled it yet?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Yep 2 seater.

bassman
    Free Member

Hi we have these in use on our vehicles at work.I would not buy one for private use.Or business.
    Nissan service charges are expensive,supposed to have warranty up to 100k, does not cover clutches or flywheel.as a working tool not very reliable.
    1 has been back to the garage 4 times with engine management light on & they still have not fixed it. Parts changed and charged for light fault still on.
    they have been heavy on tyres and brakes not carrying much weight.
    we are moving from Nissan to another manufacturer.4 vehicles across the country giving the same problems.Other makes no problem 16 of different vehicles in the fleet.
    Wouldn’t touch with a long pointy thing, seem nice to drive.You have been warned.
    Cannot name garages as still in dispute at the moment.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Mmm interesting about the tyres, the one I looked at had both front tyres virtually worn out at the edges. I wondered if the van gave excessive wear to the tyres when cornering, seems like they do!

With driver + 3 passengers and 89bhp is there much room in the back for chance it will even get off the drive, nevermind with bikes?

FTFY 😉

milkyman
    Free Member

I have just got one and yes its dull, but it cheap to run last week got 52 mpg, should get 3 bikes in easy, easy to drive, does everything I want really, one thing is that it spins the front wheels very easy,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

With driver + 3 passengers and 89bhp is there much room in the back for chance it will even get off the drive, nevermind with bikes?
    FTFY

You would be amazed what vehicles can do with that… Not petrol head territory but should be usable, driven bigger with that sort of grunt.

I’ve driven plenty of shit vans in the past 27 years. I doubt I’d be amazed

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Ok cheers for the feedback, think I’ll keep the Doblo a bit longer, save some cash and look at the Merc Citan in the new year.

project
    Free Member

The merc citan is a rebadged Renault kangoo, the nissan nv 200 is now going to be the new new york taxi and possibly a london one as well.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Transit connect lwb twin slide door… Comfy cheap to run and bombproof and cheap to fix if ever does go wrong had 2 and loved them really thrashed em and still worked fine trade van during day and bike carryer at weekends. And plenty of options ie high top lwb low top etc or just go for a 2000s transit 85ps swb theres a reason most trades use transits…. Only posers go for vw or people who want a trendy van.

Im on a 65 plate transit now lwb semi high top and love it

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Transit connect has been mentioned to me as an option, I think I’ll go test drive one.

benw
    Free Member

Had mine for a good 3 years now.I am self employed electrician and it works well for me.Bikes go in no problem and it has a good driving position.It is light on the front wheels as the others have said but i am happy with mine

PePPeR

The Nissan is a Renault Kangoo underneath too…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nissan NV200 Van’ is closed to new replies.