Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nissan navara
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

How do you find it?

What way do you carry bikes?

midwales
    Free Member

I have a 58 plate one. Tough truck, good offroad, went to Morzine and back for the passportes a few weeks back and averaged late twenties mpg doing 80-90 mph the whole way, carried four bikes in the back with a truck top on. Generally for day out I put a rack on the tow bar.

It does eat front wheel bearing every year at £50 a side. apart from that toatally reliable and very car like for a huge 4×4. Just don’t expect it to fit in multi-storey car parks to well.

Much better than the Ford Ranger it replaced and the Mitsu L200 I test drove.

windyg
    Free Member

I’ve got an 08 plate one, pretty good all rounder, mine is a Long Way Down edition with the explorer pack so fully loaded with all the toys which makes it much more car like comfort wise.
    Mine has been very reliable, only things needed to be replaced have been prop shaft UJ’s on both front and rear props, SCV after it started stalling, 1 exhaust mount. It will need low ball joints soon but all acceptable at 76k in my opinion.
    If it just my bike I just strap it down in the bed, it will actually fit behind the front seats. I also have a tow bar carrier if we have other bikes to carry.
    Really enjoyed taking mine to France it was a really nice drive for 8hrs +
    Car parks are a bit of a pain at time though and they do have a very poor turning circle.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I had one of the first of the current shape for 6 months… it was in the garage for most of that time. Shame as it was actually really nice to drive!

The newer ones are, I am told, more reliable… to the point that I am going to check out the new model when it comes along next year as my lease will be up on the Godawful L200 😉

I use them for work, off road and lugging heavy stuff. I don’t think I would have one for purely domestic duties since they have the turning circle and fuel consumption of a supertanker!

(My bike goes on the back seat – hence why I want to look at the Navara again and probably the new Toyota as they both had flip up seats in the back!)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got a ’10 facelift Tekna. Great for towing and boat launching, drives nicely (for a truck), fully loaded (for a tuck). I’ve got a solid Tonneau cover on my tray, so if it’s just me, bike usually goes in the cab (front wheel off) as that’s the quickest and safest option, means I can stop somewhere and shop and/or leave it unattended. Two or three of us and the bikes go in the tray.

Like said, the back seats fold up like cinema seats, and you can remove the storage boxes, so bike can be easily rolled in and out of the cab.

However, there’s lots more downsides than ups with them IMO.

lovewookie

We had one at work for a while. Beasts of a thing, drank lots of fuel and were pretty unreliable.
    we bought another at the right price and it was sweet as a nut. still fuel heavy, but it’s a big machine.

we’re now replaced them with mitsubishi’s, rangers and defenders.

I’ve got the 3l V6 Auto fully loaded – it’s great, but in it’s current guise and full of tools, awful for carrying bikes – I put mine in my Passat estate

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p3e2du]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/roiwov]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I’ve got the old model. They ALL seem to need the engine replacing around 70K because the pistons bottoms were held in place with carp bolts and they all failed. Not meant to be an issue on the new ones.

Mine is a double cab and the rear bed is not long enough for a bike without removing the front wheel or lying down diagonally with the wheel pointing up.

Bit thirsty but generally OK. Nothing broken at 146K (except the engine at 76K replaced by last owner)

Sui
    Free Member

of no use, but i saw one almost flying down the motorway yesterday (whilst stuck in the 4 hour jam on the M25) with blues and twos going – very odd site

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I couldn’t justify the extra cost over the L200 I bought when setting off on my own.

Still, at only £20k my Trojan didn’t break the bank.

Spot on for what I do.. – Rigging etc.

burko73

Worldclassaccident – what years yours then? Do you mean the pre 2004 ish d22 model that had problems with engine meltdowns. I’m not sure but the current shape navara which is post 2005 ish and called a d40 didn’t have these problems did it?

Interested in this thread as I’m looking to replace my ford ranger.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The older D40 has a reputation for going thru half shaft seals. It’s not a major issue, you can still run with a leaky half shaft. It effects the abs sensor, which lights up the dash, so might need sorting out before an MOT. You can get refurbished ones or after market, shouldn’t cost more than £300 (maybe + vat).bill Carr engineering do a cheapish fix.
    Genuine Nissan parts are very expensive, some are just silly money, there’s always work arounds tho. ie refurbished, breakers yard, internet, after market. Thornton breakers are your friend in the Yorkshire area

thehustler
    Free Member

This is mine Almost 160k miles from new, still drives really nice, is comfortable and has all the toys of an exec car, tows the van (big one as you can see) no hassle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nissan navara’ is closed to new replies.