Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Nissan Juke
  • CHB

Not a fan of SAAB. Anything post 1995 is really based on GM technology and has been well behing the other major brands.
    My old F reg 900 was built like a tank, but had all the performance, poise and elegance of a russian tank factory worker, and drank like one too.
    Still it was gold and was quirky.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mine was white, also F reg and had a blistering 8v turbo. See? You have demonstrated good taste. 🙂

CHB

Darcy…yes theres a contract sewn inside the tongue of our slippers!

I am slightly unusual in buying cars as I do all my own repair work and serviceing, so I get an appreciation for the build quality as well as the more obvious attributes.

Volvos are well screwed together, nice to work on and made from quality components. Aesthetics is personal!

Still that Juke is uglier than your moms ugly friend!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My mom’s friends were all quite fit. One 😉 in particular. Oooh…Mrs O’Donoghue.

CHB

Mine was the basic 2 litre non turbo. It was as slow as hell, and the gear shift was very well spaced out. I sold it in 1999 for the only ever Ford I owned as it had started to rust behind the front wheel arches.
    The ford was a 1998 fiesta zetec. That car has put me off fords for life. Exhaust rusted in 2 years, brakes siezed and it started to rust.

My 13 year old V40 is still on its first exhaust after 166000 miles!

CHB

Everyone has an ugly friend they hang out with….unless….no cant be.

Will someone post a picture of that Juke up so we can revel in its uglyness.

M6TTF
    Free Member

god damn phugly!

Ewan
    Free Member

F*** that is ugly! Who would buy that?!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nah, kinda cool and funky. Youthful. Modern. Maybe that’s why you guys don’t like it? That’s ok, they’re still making Octavias.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Nah, kinda cool and funky. Youthful. Modern. Maybe that’s why you guys don’t like it? That’s ok, they’re still making Octavias.

I take it you dress like this then? – betcha a fiver they wouldn’t be seen dead in it either 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d never get away with looking like them. I’m too fat. I can, however, appreciate that things move on. There’s plenty of stuff around for those who can’t. So, don’t worry too much about it.

MrOvershoot

I was behind one in town the other evening in that snot green colour & its going to be so easy to put a little extra line on the badge to change it 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would you do that yourself then? Or maybe sit back, hope someone else is courageous enough, and have a good old chuckle?

MrOvershoot

Have you just ordered one deadly 😛

I don’t think you have to be really brave to stick a tiny bit of silver plastic to the back of a car, do you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t know MrOvershoot. Will you be doing it? Or are you hoping someone else does?

Me order one? Hell no! Far too funky and youthful for the likes of me. 🙂

CHB

You see Darcy, If you are NOT young and trendy then you really don’t know.
    For me the Nissan JOKE is like the dads tshirt aisle in ASDA, ill designed poor quality tat with a vague attempt at youthfulness, designed to sell to fat pizza eaters to play their Kerry catona CD’s in.

(actually I am a fat pizza eater, and even I don’t like that damn car).

bol

The concept isn’t a bad one, it just looks so badly resolved. What did they have in mind when they did the front lights and air intakes? It looks like the product of photoshop and LSD. Might have seemed a good idea at the time, but in the morning?

That’s apart from the fact that it will do absolutey everything worse than a similarly sized hatchback (apart from driving position). Worse for space, economy, handling, excelleration, safety of other road users…

CHB

Just for reasons of scientific rigour, I have enlisted the help of the youths in the house.
    Sample size of two, responses. were….. super uncool, and “dad that thing is ugly”
    The very youthful and stylish mrs HB also hates it and thinks it’s the kind of thing that would never impress a girl.

So there you go. Buy a juke of you want your children to hate you and your sex life to shrivel up to zilch.

Volvos however…built like tanks and just crying out to be filled with children and dogs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m quite pleased with my night’s trolling :mrgreen:

M6TTF
    Free Member

Or the realisation of having to admit you have no automotive taste.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or the realisation of having to admit you have no automotive taste.

Taste? Seriously…it’s a car.

No, honestly, far more fun winding up people who get sand in their knickers over a car they like. Almost too easy on STW. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Sex life? Be serious now, have any of you ever got laid on account of your car?

Lifer
    Free Member

Looks like it was designed by 20 people who couldn’t see what the others were doing.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m sure you’re not a pillock in real life Waderider but you were in your post

How ironic.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The thing that grates with this (although not as much as the Qashqai(?)) is the advertising making out that driving round town clogging up the roads is actually some sort of extreme urban battlefield that you need an oversized car to survive. Might sound stupid but all this stuff leaches in and people start to think that way, IMO anyway.

Also, it’s pretty ugly.

mudshark
    Free Member

At least crossovers are more appropriate for most than SUVs/4x4s.

CHB

Darcy, me thinks you overestimate you ability to wind up.
    Molgrips, modesty prevents me answering! But back then just having a car was enough. Doubt an Austin Metro would work these days.

More pics of the Nissan PUKE please!

(It’s a shame its gopping as it is made in the UK).

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I would have to reconsider any bedding propositions if a date had that Juke as his pride and joy – unless he could give me serious reasons as to why. It’s an improbable scenario anyway as nobody my age would be likely to have one.

CHB

QED.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How ironic.

In what way, or are you just too clever for us all? You are, aren’t you? Your ridiculous assertions about people that drive certain cars, their lifestyles and their living circumstances were really just some kind of post-modern ironic treatise. Wasn’t it?

Darcy, me thinks you overestimate you ability to wind up.

I probably am. You’re still going though aren’t you.

ivantate
    Free Member

A good car but a bit try hard at the moment. The world will be ready for it after its first facelift.

personally would have preferred a modernised cube but anything different is good.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cube – is Nissan that make those too? I like ’em. Very funky.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Very funky.

Indeed. Mind out now, they’re a bit different and modern. 🙂

Does one still have to import them specially? I’d love a van version for work.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I like the cube too, although I wouldn’t buy one, mainly as I have no need for one.

CHB

The cube is nice in a weird minimalistic way. The other car that makes me smile is the KIA soul. ever since a friend pointed out to me that it’s name sounds like key arsehole.

So….more pics of the juke? anyone own one?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Key arsehole. Yeah, never thought of that. That’s hilarious.

LMT
    Free Member

I really like them, spotted one in white the other day, alloys, tow bar for a bike rack. Looks like the perfect upgrade from my current car.

Saying that i current drive a C2 vtr, and the lads at work take the pee as its an odd looking car, so the juke is just more grown up of what i have, a quirky car.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Its the modern day Suzuki x90, or the car built for Homer.
    Fell out of the ugly tree; smacked all the branches; hit the trampoline and did it all again!

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Juke’ is closed to new replies.