• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nissan ABS fault?
  • smartay

Hi all
    The ABS pump on my Primera keeps on firing up to 10mph, any ideas, oh this happens when not using the brakes.

coffeeking
    Free Member

When not using the brakes is an interesting question, I'd wonder on a couple of things (though not have any firm thoughts on it as I've not seen teh wiring).

1) Sensor fault – sees a wheel speed dropping and fires. Would have thought this would be prevented by monitoring the brake switch and not firing unless braking, but you never know.
    2) Wheel bearing failure – as they start to fail they can confuse the sensors.
    3) Wiring failing on ABS ECU – worth doing a diag on it?

Sui
    Free Member

It's the ABS ring that's gone (small cog like thing that the teeth break). Common fault, the ABS thinks you've locked up when you slow to around 15mph downwards. It can be replaced when you do the CV joint (all the same part). it's not dangerous just annoying..

Sui
    Free Member

sorry was going to edit and add – a new CV joint is not much money prob 50/60quid (the ring is on the end of it). However if you do get it replaced you may as well do the whole drive shaft (Primera's have this small weight that's supposed to reduce vibration, but causes corrosion) – again a whole unit (shaft and CV joint (with ring on) is about 80-90 quid and about an hour and a bit labour time + gearbox oil.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nissan ABS fault?’ is closed to new replies.