Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nipples
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I’m using the Pro Wheel Builder spoke calculator. Does anybody know if the measurements are based on a 12mm or 14 mm nipple?

Keef
    Free Member

all the spoke calcs I’ve used are 12mm,dosen’t mean this one is tho 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

Good point….

shermer75
    Free Member

Has anybody had experience of this spoke calculator? I’m using it because I don’t have the measurements, so I’m relying on a calculator that lets me put in the make and model of the rim and hub and then does the rest…

unklehomered
    Free Member

awww – just wheels. disappointed.

swavis

I always use the Freespoke calculator. Always works out fine for me.

mintimperial

It looks to be accurate based on the last wheel I built, i.e. it gave the right number for spoke length, based on 12mm nipples. (I’ve only built a couple of wheels, though, so I’m not an expert by any means!)

All the advice I’ve seen says to use more than one spoke calculator to be on the safe side. It’s also recommended to wait to buy spokes until you’ve got your mitts on the hub and rim yourself. Then you can measure the relevant dimensions properly, and be sure they’re right – manufacturers have been known to make mistakes with the info they give out…

Keef
    Free Member

I use Freespoke as well, always wary of claimed ERD’s eg,built two fat wheels yesterday,claimed ERD 540, I measured it at 544,used that and spokes were bob on 😉

Speshpaul
    Keef
    Free Member

excellent database here.
    http://wheelbuilder.jmoore.me/

shermer75
    Free Member

Some excellent stuff there, thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nipples’ is closed to new replies.