Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • NIP Speeding Offence
  • Frodo

Now then, bit miffed really. Just recieved a NIP for speeding in the post. Before you start I don’t condone speeding either!!

Its been delivered 4 months and a week from the alleged offence date! Yes I know about the 14 day rule but this does not neccessarilly apply to me as its a compnay car and I’m not the registrered keeper.

Thye reason this rule applies is that the alleged offence will still be fresh in your mind although this does not seem to be important if your company car driver?

I can honestly say I do not remember where I was, who was driving and if say i pulled out of a junction too fast?

Any advice?

Ta, Rich

jam-bo

i don’t think thats any defence.

unless you can pin it on someone else, suck it up and pay it….

thegreatape
    Free Member

Have you asked about this on a cricket forum as well? 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ll try and be more helpful.

You are right about the 14 day/registered keeper rule, and also right about the reason there is the 14 day limit.

Are there any records of who has the car on a particular day, or do you have a work diary/secretary so you can check what you were doing. The registered keeper is obliged to name the driver of a car at the time of an alleged offence when required to do so under Section 172 RTA, so I’d be asking whoever is responsible for vehicle records why they thought that was you.

Just playing devil’s advocate now, but if one had exceeded the speed limit for a good/justifiable/mitigating reason, would one not have remembered? Perhaps not if it’s a daily route.

I’m assuming that if you have received it through the post, your company have already responded and named you as the driver?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘NIP Speeding Offence’ is closed to new replies.