Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nintendo Wii + LCD TV – why so slow….
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Just replaced our ancinet TV with a new LCD type and being Christmas expect new Wii games to be bought – thing is for some reason the one screen response is slower than on the old TV, so making some games virtually unplayable/no fun – anyone got any ideas what is going on here?? Connected by Scart lead. Thanks!

_tom_
    Free Member

Dunno if the Wii has it but on games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero etc there’s a calibration menu where you can compensate for the screen lag.

the-muffin-man

No idea – ours works fine! We connect using the component cables though.

Where have you got the receiver positioned to receive the data from the controllers?

lodious
    Free Member

Turn off any 100/200/600 hz procesing, this all adds to the latency as it takes the TV time do do the image processing. Some TV’s have a gaming mode which does this.

Milkie
    Free Member

LCD’s generally have a high/slower latency time, unless you pay a lot of money. What LCD is it? You should be able to find the latency on the net.

Most CRT’s have a low latency, thats the only advantage of a CRT these days.

As said above, hope it has a gaming mode!

molgrips
    Free Member

LCDs should not be too slow to play games on though unless it’s really awful. I play games fine on my Sony.

How are you connecting the two?

Milkie
    Free Member

Try connecting it by HDMI instead of SCART? That might work.

clubber
    Free Member

No HDMI on Wii – Scart (or composite IIRC) only

cpon
    Free Member

A mate of mine bought a new Sony TV last week, checking the spec it was the best he could find. After trying it out at home he found it to be useless for gaming due to a processor delay in the TV. He’s taken it back to store and swapped it for an LG model which doesn’t suffer from this problem. Apparently it’s a known issue and documented online on various reviews.

Try googling the model number and see if yours is one of the models affected.

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks – it is a Sony 🙁 – will do the Google search. Unlikely to be going back so may be stuffed….
    Appreciate all the advice

IA

Might be better with the component cable, as it will be processed differently (may be faster). At any rate, you get a much better picture and the cables can be had for a few quid off ebay.

lodious
    Free Member

We have a Sony that’s two years old now, and that enables you to configure per port (so the Wii can have fast response time and TV/blu ray can have motionflow). I’d be surprised if you can’t do this with more recent Sony’s.

Works the same on my Samsung LCD as it does on the 2 CRT tv’s we have also – not got round to buying component lead yet, so just on AV Red, White, Yellow.

clubber
    Free Member

No problem with my wii on my Sony Bravia but it’s not full hd so that may well make a difference.

Just bought another Samsung (a 26″ model) for the nippers play room, with the intention of running the Wii through it.

Rather glad now I wasn’t tempted by the VAT back on the Sony’s now – got the Sammy at £100 off rrp anyways.

ratadog

Thoroughly depressed by this thread last night, as had a sony hdtv and a wii sitting in other room as part of family present to kids from my folks, but joined them up with a component cable today to check it all out and don’t appear to have any problems.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nintendo Wii + LCD TV – why so slow….’ is closed to new replies.