Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • nintendo ds; who can tell me about…
  • slowrider
    Free Member

my son wants a ds for xmas. a kid at my work has some kind of memory card that has loads of games on it which would obviously make it a whole lot cheaper for me if i could get one. how do they work? do they come with the games on or do i have to download them?

thanks very much!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

R4 cards they’re called. Other than that, I know nothing about them.

chipps

That sounds like pirating software to me, which sounds like stealing…

simonb512
    Free Member

R4 cards themselves are not illegal. It is however illegal to download the game ROM’s for it from torrent sites etc, but no-one would ever do that would they?.

There are some free games about too, but they are generally not very good (space invader kind of things).

martymac

the good thing about them is you can backup all your games onto one card, so you dont have to carry all 25 games around with you.
    ive had a shot using one, it worked fine.
    it could still be illegal, even if you do have a genuine copy of each game.
    copyright law etc.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

R4 card are available on ebay. They are great to use, i sue them to play games which i have written myself and copied on to a mem card

MrsToast
    Free Member

Actually R4 cards have been illegal in the UK since July.

LoveMyBikeLady
    Free Member

I heard there is a new and better DS coming out next March, my son wants to wait and get this one instead of the current one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

what? Better than the DSi?

fubar
    Free Member

There should be a 3D version next year (it’s likely to cost more again). As soon as 3D Mario Kart is available I’ll be buying.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

I think i have played several of the games you have written CharlieMungus on my R4 card they are really good , especially those with the little plumber in :wink:R4s are great a doddle to use and we all have a friend of a freind.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘nintendo ds; who can tell me about…’ is closed to new replies.