Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Niner Sir9 anyone?
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Rather taken by this. Does it ride best rigid or with suspension? Anyone used one, have any feedback before I part with cash?

MrTall
    Free Member

My mate rides one (rigid) and has been very happy with it. Not cheap for a steel frame though, Singular Swifts seem to be the steel 29er of choice on here and are a fair bit cheaper.

There’s also a Sir9 frame on ebay at the moment if it’s in your size.

slowjo
    Free Member

I have a Swift and love it. Just fancied something slightly different to go with it, maybe I should keep thinking`?

Picto
    Free Member

Picked up a used Sir9 off here. Really like it. Relatively light for a steel frame. Ridden it both rigid and with a bouncy fork. Really like like it in either guise. Tend to swap the fork from time to time.

Bit lighter with the rigid fork obviously. Rode Mountain Mayhem with it single speed and rigid and it was very good – other than the final descent in to the stadium where it was screaming for a fork.

Put bouncy fork and gears on it for sleepless this year and it was superb.

Previous experience is of an inbred 29er which I really liked. The niner is 1.5lb lighter, steers a little quicker. Frame feels a little springier and possibly slightly more comfortable (though tyre choice probably makes more difference).

slowjo
    Free Member

Hmm, there’s always the Air 9 Scandium to complement the Swift….

Just sort of fancy a Niner.

Picto
    Free Member

The One9 looks good too.

tang
    Free Member

Replaced my swift with a mcr(off here), longer tt on the medium, which fits better as I fall between sizes. Swift rode nice but the Niner is better for me. Spritely back end which feels much lighter. Never worth the rrp though, swift has it there.

nsaints
    Free Member

I love my Niner EMD, don’t miss my Soul…no not one bit
    Picked up the EMD off here for a very good price

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Niner Sir9 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.