Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Niner Biocentric Ebb v1
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Any hints on how to free one up?

I have undone the retaining bolt. I can get a couple of mm movement.

I have squirted loads of GT85 down the seat tube and left it for many hours to o avail

I rang Charlie the Bikemonger and he had a couple of suggestions but neither really worked.

In my simple and non mechanical mind I wondered whether it would be a good idea to take it out, put some copper slip between it and the frame, then refit it or…..wander down the lbs and leave it to their tender mercies.

takisawa2

The one on my SIR.9 usually gets stuck in place over Winter.
    I undo the bolt a few turns, then tap the bolt head a few times.
    It does the trick.

Picto
    Free Member

Permanently used copper slip on mine. Previous owner had done the same. Worked well. Remained free and no issues with it holding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Buzzard
    Free Member

I had one that was properly seized due to rust. Used lots of WD40 to soak it in and then a blunt screwdriver and hammer to tentatively knock it out. Took ages but eventually freed it up. Then used oxylic acid to get ride of the rust and a little sandpaper. Now reinstalled with copper slip and seems to be working fine.

bikebouy
    Free Member

They are alloy so try not to knacker them with hitting them with a screwdriver/chisel 😐 I’ve not had one seize yet but it has been a bit stubborn, best method for me was undoing the bolt a little then a smack with a hammer from either end to and fro to ease it a bit, then back off another 1/4 of a turn on the bolt and do it again.. However I have stripped the thread in the EBB by over tightening so take care with that too… I had it helicoiled and it’s fine now but hen I use it as a spare. I’ve a spare (not that one) if you need it, or get the new 2 bolt version for £80 off Charlie/Stif 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Niner Biocentric Ebb v1’ is closed to new replies.