Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Niner Air9, would you…..even for £800
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Who would and who wouldnt and why ?? 🙄

Quality frame though 😆

Andy

Frame or bike for £800?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I wouldn't. Not until the make it with proper size wheels anyway.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

frame only Andy….£800 in the uk

Could probably be imported for £650 but warranty would be void as US import !. Bummer

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I'd wait to see what the on-one carbon 29er is like

Andy

I'd spend a bit extra and get something from Ti like a Lynskey myself. Or even push out for a Pegasus. Why? Because I have some superstition that Ti would ride betterer and it would come with a lifetime guarantee.

What extra does the £550 give you over an On One Scandal?

Andy

big_n_daft – Member
    I'd wait to see what the on-one carbon 29er is like

+1 (dreading the fugly factor though 😥 )

keavo
    Free Member

got one, imported it myself for about £550 a couple of years ago. i also imported a sir9 and when it cracked niner replaced it, no problem. warranty is only 2 years though. obviously i like niners but would probably not spend £800 on one.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Keavo, was the warranty sorted with a Niner UK dealer or did you have to deal direct where ever you imported from ?

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Dont like the idea of carbon frames, never have regardless of the On one 29er. Ti is 'just' out of my price range, want something lite, have used steel frames before but fancy a change 🙄

keavo
    Free Member

i bought it from speedgoat but i dealt direct with niner.

keavo
    Free Member

scandal could be thought of a cheap niner…maybe i've not ridden one. i have built on up for friend and can say that the air9 is better finished and i think its a bit lighter. i'm happy with the air9 but i'm sure the scandal is a decent ride too.
    i like the look of the salsa mamasita and selma too.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

What extra does the £550 give you over an On One Scandal?

Pride 😆

They are a really nice ride, I'm debating weither to get the one9.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

bunnerscj – Member
    frame only Andy….£800 in the uk

Yes to the bike
    Here's mine
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25655510@N02/sets/72157622719258110/with/4799739126/

No the the price contact Matthew at Chevin cycles for a great deal.

mattythemod
    Free Member

got one, imported it myself for about £550 a couple of years ago. i also imported a sir9 and when it cracked niner replaced it, no problem. warranty is only 2 years though. obviously i like niners but would probably not spend £800 on one.

A lot of money at close to £850 for a Sir 9 which cracked , did it crack at the downtube junction just past the gusset plate ?

keavo
    Free Member

the sir was £500 when i bought it (3 years ago). £850 is a lot more. it cracked on the seat tube close to where the end of the seatpost was. it was a long seatpost well down the tube. i would say the sir9 is the frame that i have had most pleasure riding during 25 years of cycling, and should add that niner were a pleasure to deal with over the warranty.

mattythemod
    Free Member

[/quote]the sir was £500 when i bought it (3 years ago). £850 is a lot more. it cracked on the seat tube close to where the end of the seatpost was. it was a long seatpost well down the tube. i would say the sir9 is the frame that i have had most pleasure riding during 25 years of cycling, and should add that niner were a pleasure to deal with over the warranty.

I am very tempted to buy one but i think £850 is overpriced for what it is ….. i almost finding it impossbile to find a SS 29er around the 500-600 quid mark ….grrrrrrrrr

cynic-al
    Free Member

Owt from Salsa?

keavo
    Free Member

it is overpriced in terms of what it is….a steel hardtail. i really like it though. at your price range i'd get a swift or a salsa el mariachi.

mattythemod
    Free Member

I agree BUT Singulars out of stock till late september i think and from a tarts point of view a riding buddy already has one so i would like something diffrent !!

Salsas out of stock now till Dec 30 !

Bimbler
    Free Member

Lovely bikes but hugely expensive for a Taiwanese off the peg frames. I couldn't justify the cost to myself unless it was built out of something magical and/or welded by a beardy in a backwoods hut.

keavo
    Free Member

new model salsa el mariachi $569 at bikeman.com. and older style el mariachi's at activesport £600.
    i recently got a salsa big mama from bikeman.com $600, taxes were £100. took just over a week to get here.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Niner Air9, would you…..even for £800’ is closed to new replies.