Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Niner Air Alu feedback sort
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Continuing the new bike thoughts, saw one in a shop window st the weekend and having discovered they aren’t that expensive and I think look nice. After some thoughts, what are they like to live with?

I am not interested in a “play” bike, just something for old school XC rides, ie covering distance quickly.

Looking at jungle the built bike looks expensive for what you get? Is this a fair comment or is the finishing kit and wheels worth it?

mrmo
    Free Member

No one?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got a One9, the singlespeedable version of the Air9 which I use for the xc type rides although I’m thinking of selling it (large, black, X0, CK, XT if you’re interested!) and getting a cross bike.

Finish is great, seems to fit me really well although this is obviously a personal thing and with 100mm forks on it’s not too XC focussed that you can’t ride more technical terrain.

Niners have always been relatively expensive, small brand, small importer, not many around etc etc so you probably could buy a better specced bike for the same money if VFM is the be all and end all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmo
    Free Member

thanks, VFM isn’t the be all and end all, just a £700 frame to a £2200 build seems steep, it might not be, but just seems it.

scotroutes

AAabcdeeefiiklrrNnu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Niner Air Alu feedback sort’ is closed to new replies.