Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nikon DSLR batteries
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Does anyone use third party batteries in their cameras? I’m after a spare for my D7000 but the Nikon one is £50.

Are there any alternatives worth getting?

wooobob

I bought a cheap no brand one from eBay and it’s been fine. Use them interchangeably and don’t notice any difference. Having said that, I don’t use the camera intensively.

mikey74
    Free Member

Can you remember which one?

wooobob

This one according to my (actually Amazon) purchase history. That was 6 years ago, for a D60.

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers. I think they do one for the D7000

withersea
    Free Member

Uniross normally do an alternative, price is normally midway between Nikon and the nobrand alternatives. Also look up on eBay from a seller called The Photgraphers Bag. They normally have original ones for a reasonable price. I bought a couple from them, one was duff and they promptly sent me another.

Hadge
    Free Member

I have genuine ones and third party ones (can’t remember the name) and they work exactly the same. Probably because they’re made in the same factory. You do pay over the odds for the “Nikon” name on stuff like that and some of the accessories. I have a third party MB-12 battery holder that was £38 and is indistinguishable form the Nikon one that costs near £200. Go figure.

jb72
    Free Member
    inverjoe
    Free Member

+1 for Uniross or Calumet own brand in all my cameras

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers folks

stavromuller
    Free Member

I got one for my D3200 from Duracell Direct at half Nikon price and it holds it’s charge just as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nikon DSLR batteries’ is closed to new replies.