Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • nikon D90 anyone got one ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

your feedback appreciated.

AB
    Free Member

If it’s an improvement on the D80 – which I have – it’ll be a stonker!

GrahamS

My mate has one. I have a D80.

The D80 is excellent, the D90 is better 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

D5000 has just been announced though…

GrahamS

D5000 has just been announced though…

Which is a step down from both the D80 and the D90 IMO.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Very happy with my D90. Big step up from the D50 I used before

blutac
    Free Member

I bought one on saturday, it’s great. i’ve been so fed up of poor images from the usual snappies. good kit lens if you get the 28-105 vr. lots of settings to play about with or completely manual.

i like the manual setting with flash off, getting great results with that, even in low light with the focus assist light turned off. video is pretty cool, not had chance to test it in the wild yet tho. very fast 4.5 frames per second makes for good action shots where you can just pick the best. playback mode is great as it shoes 1 shot, 4, 9, up to 72. it even arranges them by date.

i haven’t used the software yet or shot anything in raw mode, just been using jpg normal or fine.

i researched quite a lot and decided on the d90 over the canon 450d and 40d. i’m really happy with it

hope that helps

🙂

sofaking
    Free Member

thanks folks.

anyone know of any good deals about with lenses etc ?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

D5000 looks like a DSLR for people too stupid to use a DSLR.

Anywhere that is out of stock for D90s will not be getting anymore imminently as Nikon have stopped taking orders for them.

vinnyeh

I like it a lot, compared to the dslr’s it replaced it’s got far superior high iso capabilities, af is a lot faster and both the viewfinder and rear lcd are great- the resolution of the lcd means you can accurately check focus etc right away. Wireless flash is fantastic as well- first time I’ve had the opportunity to use off camera flash, and it’s a whole new world. Better than a new lens in my opinion.

Downsides are that the lenses at the price points I can afford don’t seem to match the quality of my previous setup, and it hasn’t got weathersealing- at the time I thought that I’d rather save some money, and get a smaller body, than forego the weathersealing- I’m not sure I’d make that call again though. I’m now terrified of getting the stuff wet.

I bought a brand new one a couple of months back off ebay when I had a paypal discount voucher, and I’m glad I did- £705 for body and 18-105mm, which was about £40 under the best high st price then, and paypal gav me 10% off of that, but I think that Nikon have adjusted their rrp’s again in the last week since the announcement of the d5000, with the d90 going up a fair bit. I guess you know to check camerapricebuster- that Amazon price is a few quid under the best price the site was showing when I bought mine, but in light of the rrp increase stuff may go up. Kits only come with the 18-105mm I think- anything else is cobbled together by the shop.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘nikon D90 anyone got one ?’ is closed to new replies.