Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • nike pooh bah
  • swiss01
    Free Member

so i’m having to be off an on the bike a lot yesterday and doing a bit of walking. much as i like my usual shoes good for walking they are not so i raked out my old pooh bahs, like slippers they were! any recommendations for a modern equivalent?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I was talking to someone last week about my old pooh bah’s, still the most comfy MTB shoes I’ve ever had. Pity the sole snapped (something I understood happened to most of them).

akira

Tried my pair on a while ago, so flexy compared to modern shoes. Quite like specialized Rime’s

akira

Tried my pair on a while ago, so flexy compared to modern shoes. Quite like specialized Rime’s

jamj1974

I loved my pooh bahs!

moonsaballoon

Had two pairs and they both broke round the cleat , they did look the business though

voodoo_chile

Great shoes had a few pairs ,sole snapped around cleat area but great shoe\boot

zippykona

I’ve still got a pair of these in the loft. Not my picture mine are a nice muck colour.

voodoo_chile

Remember Nike nguba or Nike kato .all good kit

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Love the Axos, had a pair same color just not high tops

oxym0r0n

Giro Terraduro? Did a fair bit of walking/riding in mine the last few days across Quantocks, Exmoor, Tarka Trail and Dartmoor

Dibbs – think I saw you as I was setting off on Thursday on the Qs 😉

MoreCashThanDash

My Poobahs died in the cleat area. They were amazing!

chestrockwell

I had some ace Nike shoes around 2005. Most comfy I have ever had. Why on earth did they drop out of the market.

iain1775
    Free Member

voodoo_chile – Member
    Remember Nike nguba or Nike kato .all good kit

Still got some Nguba’s

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I suspect Nike dropped out the market as almost all the Poo Bahs went back with cracked soles at the cleat. I recall being told second generation ones fixed that, then when they snapped I gave up. I do have another pair which are later and they didn’t snap but I moved onto other brands. They’re in a box in the garage. Think they’re in really good nick. They were very nice bar the sole problem.

xcstu
    Free Member

Had the poo bah and later the nguba and both had no issue with sole but then again was young and a lightweight whipper snapper back then haha

Don’t think Nike were ever that serious about making Mtb shoes.. Could say the same for Adidas which also did at great shoe (plush) a while back!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Dibbs – think I saw you as I was setting off on Thursday on the Qs

Thought I recognised you, I was on my way home from a night shift.

Yak

Yeah, I had some ngubas as my first spd shoe. Very comfy and stiff enough iirc.

TheGingerOne

My Poobah’s also cracked across the cleat area and were replaced by Nguba’s, but they had tread made of cheese which tore and wore off as soon as you walked offroad in them. After 2 pairs were replaced I moved to other brands. Both were nice shoes though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘nike pooh bah’ is closed to new replies.