Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Nike Poobar SPD's
  • litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Hi all, does anyone have any idea how much a decent pair of old school Nike poobar spd shoes are worth.

somafunk

Prob not very much if my experience of them is anything to go by, i used to rip the spd sole plates out of them on a regular basis.

panzerjager
    Free Member

Ditto, ripped the sole off 2 pairs before getting a refund.
    Was only thinking about them the other day, I’d love Nike to do a Poobah style shoe now, with newer technology, fabrics etc, that type of shoe is completely missing in my opinion.

Dibbs
    Free Member

First and most comfortable SPD’s I ever had, but the soles where too brittle and tended to crack across the sole plate. 🙁

Edit: And I think you’ll find it’s Poobah

simondbarnes

Approximately zero.

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Oh, in that case I’ll keep them until they break then. Had them for years but they’ve not had much wear. After about 30 mins my feet go numb in them. My feet have obviously grown in the last 15 years. What shoes would you recommend which are reasonably priced?

4ags4
    Free Member

What do you class as a reasonable price?
    What you going to use them for?

Kuco

Flashback I had the old Nguba’s. First spd shoe I owned, the bloke from Climb High in Daventry that is now Lesuire Lakes did a good deal on them when I brought some SPD’s

carlosg
    Free Member

Mrscarlos loves hers she has a pair of Nguba’s and some Poobah’s That she uses plus a spare brand new pair that were a bargain (10.80 posted) on Fleabay . She probably doesnt generate enough power though to knack the sole up.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I loved Poohbahs and if I could get them again (new) I would do.

Nike have actually made some really nice good kit over the years.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I used to love Ngubas! I went through about 5 or 6 pairs as the sole kept breaking but they always got replaced with a new pair so I was over the moon.

Never before and never since has anyone made so good looking SPD shoes.

the_lecht_rocks

blimey – flashback time 🙂

jamj1974

I had a pair of poobahs and another of poobah II’s. My favourite cycling shoes ever!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Poobahs = Awsumz!

househusband

Try retrobike forum – you might find that someone would be happy to pay a few quid for them.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Poohbahs were my first SPD shoe over 20 years ago. Still got them in the cellar, my soles stayed intact, probably down to the feeble amount of power I put out and Jeycore riding style.

somafunk

To be fair to the poobahs they were the dogs danglies of early 90’s spd shoes and if Nike brought them back out but with a carbon footbed to cure the repeated broken soles i’d buy a pair t’morn, it must be an age thing but i think the styling can hold it’s own wi todays shoe styles with ease.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Agree somafunk, I still think they’re the best looking MTB shoes ever produced.

davosaurusrex

I had a pair of the poobahs which snapped across the cleat plate. The replacements had a much thicker sole. They are brown black with a yellow swoosh. Other than a bit of wear to the sole they’ve still got plenty of life in them, never had the heart to throw them out, if anyone wants to collect or pay postage they can have them, size 12/47

yunki
    Free Member

lol at google shopping for nike spd this evening

captcha and everything – unusually heavy traffic perhaps..?

the dunk spd gyrizo look nice though, if they actually exist

iain1775
    Free Member

Edit: And I think you’ll find it’s Poobah

Dibs
    Your picture would disagree, it’s Poohbah

I’ve had some since 1995, sole has just cracked 2 weeks ago
    OP, what size are the ones you where going to sell?

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

My dad still uses those Ngubas. Must have been using them regularly for over a decade. Never had any complaints so they can’t be that bad.

DickBarton

Had the Poohbahs and Ngubas…very good shoes it the sole always cracked…I’d get about 6 months use out of them…but they were very comfy whilst they worked.

trailhound
    Free Member

Always used to want a pair of these! 2nds if Iain doesn’t want them (depending on size)

chestrockwell

x2 for getting them up on Retrobike. I’ve seen decent pairs go for good money on there.

Dibbs
    Free Member

😳

brakes
    Free Member

they were the dogs danglies of early 90’s spd shoes

I think you’ll find that was the Axo Mission shoe.

somafunk

I never had the Axo Missions, but i did have a few pairs of purple n’ grey Axo Pony mtb boots/shoes, I got a choice of Sinasalo or Axo motocross gear from my sponsor at the time and i choose Axo coz i wanted the Pony’s……..yep…i was that much of a spoilt brat 😳

Exactly the same as these………

I’d buy a pair now if they were available.

brakes
    Free Member

so cool.
    I cannot find a pic of the Missions anywhere.
    Loved those shoes, mainly because they were mega-expensive for a 14 year old, but also because they were the only bit of high end kit I had.
    I somehow lost them… no idea how – reckon my Dad probably slung them out on one of his ‘clearout’ days in the garage.

somafunk

I’m that sad i just hunted on ebay worldwide for a pair, but nae luck.

Right…that’s my task for the year – find and buy a pair of Axo pony boots in my size…..wear them out with that smug self satisfied grin on my face then realise that i look a **** in them and hide them in the back of the cupboard along with my other drunken foolish purchases 😀 .

somafunk

Since when did t’wat become a swear word?, 🙄

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Nike Poobar SPD's’ is closed to new replies.