Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nightriding impinging on daytime work.
  • jekkyl

Going out nightriding 2/3 times a week at the mo. I have the perfect arrangement with the wife, little one down by 7.15, mate comes over for half past and we’re out riding by 8pm (faff dependent.) We usually do anywhere between 25-40 miles and get in around 11-12. At the weekend I feel obliged to stay up till back of one drinking stella and eating nuts and sometimes even in the week. I do feel the need for a sort of come down from the buzz of riding and can’t just go to bed when I get in. Problem is *YAWWWN* I’m feeling really tired throughout the day at work and the only way I can operate is by binging on free vending machine nescafe at important work times during the day.
    Ho Hum, anyway soon be bike ride time again.

butcher

Try to catch up on some sleep at work.

tomaso
    Free Member

I struggle on Thursdays post mid-week night ride. I generally use caffeine and calories as a coping strategy :mrgreen: I’ve found it is an effective strategy to foil a lack of fitness.

Simon

After a good nightride I struggle to get to sleep and once I’m off don’t sleep well. I only night ride once a week though so I can cope with it.
    My advice to the OP is to make the most of it ‘cos as the little one gets older riding opportunities will become less frequent.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

my experience is drinking some alcohol after a ride gets me going again, where’s it wouldn’t if I hadn’t just ridden.

Sounds old fashioned but a pint of warm milk makes me come down off the post ride buzz and then quite quickly makes me sleepy. Plus it’s ideal in every other way, as a post ride drink to boot.

The only alcoholic ones that seem ok for me are something like Guinness, or IPA . Seem ok if you insist on alcohol but not as good as milk.

crikey
    Free Member

Highly paid important job then? 🙄

dannybgoode

Do fewer night rides and go to bed earlier. Nice easy solution for you!

crankboy
    Free Member

As one of my colleagues said to me “never make the mistake of treating this joke like a job. ”

closetroadie
    Free Member

@tomaso,”lack of fitness”?? You having a laugh? Says the man at the back!

dannyh
    Free Member

OP.

You need to count your blessings mate!

My job has just mutated into a ’10-11 hour days for two weeks of every month’ shithouse. It is keeping me from getting out more than one night a week and making me have to bail on my regular Wednesday night mob quite a bit.

Happily it’s my appraisal next week and one or two things are going to be said.

I’ll be updating my CV at the weekend too, just in case what is ‘said’ is not listened to……..

Don’t know if that helps, but it’s made me feel much better, thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Firstly well done on getting plenty of riding in.
    Secondly remember what pays the bills.
    If your turning up to work knackered and not fit to work then any decent boss will be asking why, they probably think your kid is keeping you up so maybe your getting a pass.
    Things will come to a head if your colleagues start to get pissed off with you, or you miss something and things go wrong.
    Just a small warning…..

Take a couple of nights off sort out your sleep and see how it goes, have an easy weekend and get rested up it might help.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Giving up alcohol will certainly help with your quality of sleep.
    Just don’t ride quite as far and get to bed half an hour earlier.

grum
    Free Member

Why not just go out for a couple of hours? 😕

andybrad

i must admit i have the same issue. Back from a night ride and im buzzing. Work is hard the next day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nightriding impinging on daytime work.’ is closed to new replies.