Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Nightmare 76 year old parents. The legalities?
  • zippykona

Can I kill them or have them certified?
    They have asked me and my brother to house hunt for them as my mum is not too mobile and live a long way away.
    We viewed a couple of bungalows which we both dismissed as too small.
    Pictures had been emailed to their neighbours to show them.
    Couple of days later I called them to let them know that we had emailed some more properties to their neighbours only to be told that they had bought at full asking price the first bungalow.
    They have a move in date in a couple weeks for a place they’ve never seen let alone been to.
    Aaaaaagh.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does it matter if they are happy?

Why do they still have a house in their name at that age anyhow?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

At 76 who cares. It’s only your inheritants they are spooging. 😀

zippykona

Oh and no survey.

bearnecessities

Can I be the first to be a sanctimonious STW arse and ask who are you to decide what’s best for them? Eh? You controlling bastard.

More seriously, got to be better than a nursing home, which is possibly what was going through their heads?!

You know you love ’em, they’re your parents. Just murder them for inheritance or try to help in the move 😀

EDIT:

It’s only your inheritants they are spooging

Aye, just spuffing their monkey up the whale.

Bunnyhop

zippykona – I would feel the same in your position. It’s because you care.

Moses

How complete is the sales process? And how did it happen so quickly?

totalshell

i ve a very aged couple among my customers they wanted to move back to thier home town so at 6 oclock on a november night they drove to two properties didnt leave the car offered full asking price for one of the properties there and then only saw the property for the first time internally and in daylight on xmas eve .. the day they moved in.. the lady hasnt stopped crying since she sits in the dining room all day on that xmas eve she told me she wanted to leave and now 9 months later shes still wanting to move

the house is a dump they paid for for a house on that strett than anyone has ever paid.. they were roundly had by the vendor and agent.

totalshell

i ve a very aged couple among my customers they wanted to move back to thier home town so at 6 oclock on a november night they drove to two properties didnt leave the car offered full asking price for one of the properties there and then only saw the property for the first time internally and in daylight on xmas eve .. the day they moved in.. the lady hasnt stopped crying since she sits in the dining room all day on that xmas eve she told me she wanted to leave and now 9 months later shes still wanting to move

the house is a dump they paid for for a house on that strett than anyone has ever paid.. they were roundly had by the vendor and agent.

Edric64
    Free Member

they were roundly had by the vendor and agent.

Why ?

maccruiskeen

put yourself up for adoption

granny_ring

LOL @ mac

hh45
    Free Member

well if they haven’t exchanged contracts you can hopefully persuade them to walk away or at least re-negotiate. I can think of much younger and apparently worldly people who refuse to explore their options, haggle or generally apply what to the rest of us is common sense and just buy or sell houses to the first person that comes along.

tell them you will never talk to them again or speak with them if they dont do as you suggest.

zippykona

Already had the make my mum cry chat which is never nice.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its their hormones and probably just a phase they are going through.
    Im sure they’ll grow out of it.

mugsys_m8

*** some people on this thred make me want to puke, if ur parents are a **** up its 100% ur fault 😆

wiggles
    Free Member

*cough*Insurance*cough*matches*

with out them inside… unless you really hate them

ratadog

Going through the parents moving closer process at the moment. They did have a look at the property first though. Move in in 14 days from now.

Full circle for me as I grew up living about 500 yards from my paternal grandparents and my kids are about to have the same experience.

dannybgoode

You can’t *legally* kill them but at their age I am sure there are all kinds of plausible mishaps that could kind of just happen to them where death would be the outcome. Nudge nudge wink wink.

Same with getting them certified really. Leave the gas on for them, hide their keys, move things around the house, plant a walkie talkie in a few rooms so they start ‘hearing’ voices and bobs your uncle. Soon tip them over the edge.

INAL and also some or all of what I am suggesting may be illegal and the solutions offered are merely hypothetical and I am in no at all suggesting you should actually carry anything of the sort out.

I would strongly advise you take full and proper legal advice before embarking on any mission to have your parents certified or otherwise ‘dealt’ with.

Cheers

Danny B

landcruiser
    Free Member

Explain your concerns and offer/insist that they revisit the property to make sure that they are really happy with it, take them there yourself. If they actually like it fine, if not Unless contracts have been exchanged I would think that it is always possible to halt the purchase.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

29erKeith
    Free Member

Would a new patio add value to the new property 😉

khani
    Free Member

*** some people on this thred make me want to puke, if ur parents are a **** up its 100% ur fault

😀

zippykona

The problem is these bloody estate agents photographs.
    When we first saw them we were wanting to put an offer in unseen as well.
    My parents should have smelt a rat when they saw how fantastic their house looked when they sold.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Nightmare 76 year old parents. The legalities?’ is closed to new replies.