Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Night Trail Running Races
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

A bit off topic, but I know there are a few runners out there.
    My local running club (Clwydian Runenrs) are, starting from this evening, putting on a series of 3 night trail races from Coed Llandegla. First race of the series kicks off at 7pm. Route is approx 4miles. It’s a right laugh!
    Further details here
    http://www.clwydianrangerunners.co.uk/Club%20info.htm

smeg
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, looks good & may try and make one of them.

surfer
    Free Member

See you there DD!

Is it “traily” or a full on mud fest up there? What shoes for Llandegla night racing???? 😆

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

will be muddy, but trails are quite firm. Trail shoes are fine.

I like the look of that. There’s an evening urban orienteering series round here I’d like to do, but I can’t fit it in with my work shifts.

aracer
    Free Member

There’s an evening urban orienteering series round here I’d like to do, but I can’t fit it in with my work shifts.

That would be the one my club (HOC) runs I presume? We also have a night orienteering series in the woods (next event 26/1 at Dudmaston, then right on your doorstep at Burlish Top on 9/2), but as they’re also on Thursdays same issues would probably apply with your shifts. Would be nice to put a face to a name if you can make either of those (ask for “adventure racer” – most people will know who you mean 😉 ).

Yes, that’s the ones. I cycle over Burlish top on my commute so I know the area.
    No chance of making it if I’m on late shift, but I can have the odd late night if I’m on early shift and catch up my sleep the next night.

terrahawk
    Free Member

If that’s your bag, have a look at this
    http://www.alexbarnes1653.webspace.virginmedia.com/dashers/page37.html
    Mr Sparkle of this ere parish is organising something similar…

surfer
    Free Member

Well done Daisy!

Excellent event, well organised and great fun. When it comes to trying to run fast the ability to see whats in front of you is erm… important 😯

A brighter torch is a must for the next one.

Surfer

stever
    Free Member

Nice one, just put those dates on the Helsby blog (already had some hits). Will see about the next couple.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

71 runners! Wow, what a night. Thanks to everyone that helped out and for all 71 runners who took part. We have as much fun putting these races on as you guys do running. Even got to award the “Pants of Shame”!
    Next evening of unadulterated fun in the dark is on the 10th Feb. We’re alway welcome to feedback, good or bad. Please let us know how we can improve our races. Results will be available early next week.
    Cheers all

stever
    Free Member

Good stuff! Fans of night running freakery might like the pics on this thread: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?16618-Night-Running

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Night Trail Running Races’ is closed to new replies.