Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Night to kill in London tomorrow – take a bike or not?
  • woody2000

I should be free from about 4pm tomorrow afternoon. Staying nr Regents Park – worth taking a bike or will I get killed? Any STWers want to show me round? 🙂

Bear in mind I’m a simple northerner who gets nervous in the Big Smoke!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depends what you’re after! A couple of laps of Richmond Park are rather fun as a wind down after work (dirt track round the outside). It’s going to be hotter than a hot thing tomorrow, so the park will be steamingly full of nice things. Which is nice.

My advice though, if you have that time to kill, would be to saunter your way through the parks to Chelsea, Knightsbridge, the smarter parts of town. Wear black Iridium sunnies, find a nice pub, sit outside, sup ale and watch the world go by! Happy to recommend pubs if needed!

Stoner
    Free Member

went for a stroll around landaan-landaan this luncthime in the black iridiums.

came back and needed a lie down. And it wasnt coz I was hot 👿

riding in town is great
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/something-a-bit-different-this-weekend

Andy@MBR
    Free Member

Beastway starts tomorrow night I think – out east though
    http://www.cycleweb.co.uk/beastway/series2009/index.html

Spongebob
    Free Member

There’s a canal through Regent’s park. Runs from Islinton to the Thames near Teddington.

Not sure how safe the canal is though.

I heard that in some places, people were getting pushed in the canal so muggers could steal their bikes.

woody2000

Think my good lady might not be too impressed with me ogling the pretty young things! 🙂

I was thinking I’d just have a wander round the parks, but I may well chuck my roadie in the boot and go for a spin round Richmond Pk

kimbers

lunch time in st lukes park near kings rd had some lurvely kensington totty sunbathing in their bikinis 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Night to kill in London tomorrow – take a bike or not?’ is closed to new replies.