Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Night riding – where do you point yours?
  • tubthumped
    Free Member

Every night ride I faff around with light direction. So where you you aim yours!?

My setup is as follows:

Hope R8 – Bar mounted – Aimed around 2 to 3m from the front of the bike.
    Exposure Joystick mk10 – Helmet mounted – Aimed slightly ahead.

But I can never decide if this is the best combination or if i should aim the head torch a little further forward and bring the bar light a little closer.

Thoughts?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

your over thinking it 😆

tubthumped
    Free Member

Probably 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

not backwards anyway.

wwaswas

bar mount way down the trail, head light where I’m looking.

You don’t normally look at stuff 2m away when riding, it’s almost done on auto-pilot/peripheral vision but you need to see further ahead to get your line choice right.

legend
    Free Member

Is the light pointing where you like to look? Yes – winning. No – move it until it is.

Harry_the_Spider

Personal preference isn’t it?

I have my bar mount set at about 8m in front of the wheel and my head mount down the trail.

z1ppy

I’ve always found getting the helmet light to point where your looking to be the struggle. I know that “I” tend have my head down but am looking out just under the visor. I’ve had to build up under my headlight mount with hot glue to point it far enough up.
    Bar light, has far up as it give a useful beam, without dissipating too much

rocketman
    Free Member

If you have bright enough lights you don’t have to point them anywhere other than forwards 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

If you have bright enough lights you don’t have to point them anywhere other than forwards

friends that ride with you? 😆

I tend to point mine to hit the same spot, I can lift or drop head to look further/closer but also the spot is then where i expect it when looking round corners.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Night riding – where do you point yours?’ is closed to new replies.