Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Night riding lights – Dont
  • trout
    Free Member

Put your light in your backpack with the battery connected , It may switch on and the heat wont be able to escape .

Lowey from this parish did and this was the result

It was so hot it hissed when splashed with water .

The Light does have some thermal throttling and would have switched to low when it hit 60c but even on low the heat can build up in a bag .

Remarkably it still works 😀

CHB

Oops

rOcKeTdOg

Funky colour now!

stevied
    Free Member

Oh dear…! Chris, did you get any of my emails about the XML’s you said you might have spare for my helmet light? Steve

wwaswas

I can see an application for Red Arrows type smoke trails behind riders as they whizz in and out of the trees.

nbt

I’d go further an recommend you only connect the battery to the light when you;re about to start riding. I once fitted the lights then put the bikes in the car ready to head off for a night ride – came back to the carhaving collected rucksacks (and Mrs NBT) to find it filled with a stench of burning plastic – the light (an old lumicycle halogen unit) had switched on, and being face down against the tarpaulin I use to line the boot was happily melting its way through two layers of material. Thank god I got back when I did, I reckon a few minutes more and it would have been into the boot liner itself

Gary_M
    Free Member

Hi Chris, I’ve been meaning top email you but since your here I may as well ask now. I think I remember someone mentioning and ‘upgrade’ for the original Liberator, is that the case and if so how much.

I NEED MORE LUMENA 🙂

MrSparkle

Another DON’T.
    From back in the day – if you decide to make a lash up involving a Petzl headtorch, a halogen bulb and an over volting drill battery then always remember to put a fuse in the circuit. That when when you crash on snow and ice cracking your knee cap there won’t be a small fire in your Camelbak which melts the bladder depositing water all over your arse. Which then freezes…
    Don’t ask how I know, ok?

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

D0NK

🙂 for MrS
    Commiserations for lowey, still a bit fresh, piss taking will ensue after some time 🙂

I know Hopes seem to drain the battery if left connected, have left them on the bike hooked up and they’ve been flat a couple of days later.

trout
    Free Member

Steve
    mail me your requirements Have at last got the garage tidied

lowey

Thanks for the public humiliation mate. In mitigation I was pissed and it was beer that hissed, not water.

The thing still works, and arguably has a more pleasing colour than the shocking white. Testament to trouties garage based quality control measures.

dannyh
    Free Member

MrSparkle.

I actually chuckled out loud at that one!

It’s bad enough being blinded by other people’s lights at night, without following what looks like a Messerschmitt 109 that is going down with smoke trailing!

Mind you, I have ridden several times after a curry the previous evening and it felt like smoke ought to have been billowing out behind me!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Are upgraded available for the luminator Trout?

trout
    Free Member

hi Gary
    yes can pop in xml 2 s and boost the power for about
    2400 lupins

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sounds good, ill drop you an email re price. Thanks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

trout – Member
    2400 lupins

ROFL

Is this enough?

trout
    Free Member

Ha Ha 😆

not Xml. but XPG 2 leds 😳

Gary_M
    Free Member

Email sent anyway Trout, but please no lupines 🙂

trout
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkhx0eqK5w[/video]

stevied
    Free Member

Hi Chris
    Did you get the email I sent last week?
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Night riding lights – Dont’ is closed to new replies.