Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Night riding at Swinley
  • ijl1969
    Free Member

Just wondering if any restrictions on night riding at Swinley? I think the car park shuts at at a certain time but for inbound not outbound?

Any pointers much appreciated as thinking about heading there one evening, would be arriving around 8pm

Cheers

theotherjonv

No restrictions, apart from parking. Have however heard of some undesirables in the car parks in the past, so just be aware and don’t leave your bike leant against a tree while you change out of your riding gear for example.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The forest is open 24/7. You can get in from many places (anywhere there’s a fireroad entrance, amongst others). The car park at The Lookout is restricted times but you can always get out once you’re in. 8pm I doubt you’ll get in this time of year though. You may have to find somewhere else to park and ride in.

Loads of people doing night rides there.

njee20
    Free Member

Coral Reef is closed at the moment isn’t it? Easy parking.

Loads of ne’erdowells round there as said though.

kimbers

Swinley bike hub organise weekly nightrides check out their fb page, very friendly team
    Tho won’t be able to replicate that ‘oh shit’ feeling in a group 😉

ijl1969
    Free Member

Thanks all 🙂 will suss out some alternate parking and give it a go 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Free parking in the ‘Broadmoor’* car park at Crowthorne and ride in on the Devils Highway. Or at the Crowthorne woods car park off foresters way just down from the golden retriever. Or just park in Great Hollands, but I’d not advise that in case everyone starts doing it and it starts to miff the locals.

*not the hospital, the little car park, google “divecrew” and their pin on google maps is opposite the car park.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Had a great ride there on Dec 23rd, I’d never done the red before and it was a lot of fun doing it the first time at night!

crazy-legs

Going back a few years but we used to night-ride there loads. Stopped driving after a couple of incidents in The Lookout car park (nothing actually happened to my car but there was a spate of break-ins and thefts from vehicles) and also parking at the swimming pool/leisure centre across the road after we got locked in and only managed to get out via some creative off-road driving that took out half a shrubbery!

We got the train out from London to Martin’s Heron after that, it proved easier.

theotherjonv

I think Coral reef is proper closed, isn’t it, incl the car park.

There’s a Sainsbury just up the road. I think as long as you park in the corner and not right outside the front doors they’re OK with you using that

slimjim78
    Free Member

Theres a side road right near the American Golf center on the A30 – I used to park there and ride in, nice singletrack for less than 10 mins and you hit Labyrinth straight away.
    Winning.

jimdubleyou

Have parked in Vicarage Road in Bagshot before, but that was in the days of having to have a sticker on your bike.

slimjim78
    Free Member

‘Maultway North’ just off A30. Pretty secure parking, nice warm up/down ride to and from.

thepurist

Or there’s a car park on the maultway itself just s of the American golf roundabout, or you could keep going down the maultway and find where the rabbit hole leads…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Some of the car parks do feel like muggers/weirdo paradise at night. I’m not keen on the one just down the Maultway if I’m on my own. Parked there for group rides a number of times.

End of Dog Shit Alley is busy enough to be relatively safe and Muzzy’s Kebab van is there for post ride dirty food 😉 . Can be very busy sometimes though and nowhere to park. Also, you will find dog shit about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Night riding at Swinley’ is closed to new replies.