Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Night rides South / West or Reading?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just moved house from being near Swinley to just South of Reading.

I’ve ridden Swinley so much over the past few years it’s no longer any appeal, certainly not enough to bother driving to.

The Trolls are now a 35min drive which tips it past the acceptable drive/faff to ride ratio 🙁

Anyone in the J11/J12 area? Even Pangbourne? Anyone still knocking around from the mountain-high shop rides?

faustus

CTC do regular night rides mainly north of Reading (where most of the best riding is) –

Current Rides

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Blimey Mountain High have been gone 10 years plus !!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Blimey Mountain High have been gone 10 years plus !!

Not quite that long, 2011, only four years, and there was a mailing list/website that carried on the rides from the industrial estate car park opposite but I’ve lost those details and google didn’t turn up anything.

CTC do regular night rides mainly north of Reading (where most of the best riding is) –

Might give it a go, but driving/riding through Reading in the evenings is even more of a chore than driving to Farnbrough which has better riding. Could always ride in, but not feeling fit enough to add another 10 miles to a 20mile group ride just yet!

singletracksurfer

There are still Tuesday night riders left from the Mtn High group who arrange rides here: http://goodrideguide.com/ Mostly starting north & west of Reading.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There are still Tuesday night riders left from the Mtn High group who arrange rides here: http://goodrideguide.com/ Mostly starting north & west of Reading.

Winner! Although seems to have drifted north.

Might split my weeks between Tunnel Hill and the Chilterns, both definitely ‘too far’, but at least it’s variety!

faustus

Don’t blame you with the traffic mind, Reading is rubbish like that!

mtbfix

Matt does rides from Pedal On on some weds nights. Might ge worth a thought. That’s in Tadley, btw.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Night rides South / West or Reading?’ is closed to new replies.